Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-19-2005, 02:11 AM

Default ($22) Need help with 2 level 1 hands I think I misplayed postflop

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 (t800)
Hero (t770)
CO (t920)
Button (t770)
SB (t770)
BB (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t770)
MP1 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t105</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls t45.

Flop: (t247.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t15</font>, Hero calls t15.

Turn: (t277.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, CO calls t85.

River: (t477.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100.

Final Pot: t677.50

Should I call this river? His betting patterns make no sense to me, ok confused me, so I called out of confusion really.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
MP1 (t800)
Hero (t800)
MP3 (t800)
CO (t800)
Button (t800)
SB (t800)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t15, MP3 calls t15, CO calls t15, Button calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t97.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t75</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t200</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls t125.

Turn: (t497.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t200</font>, Hero calls t200.

River: (t897.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
I push [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] (I know, stupid), Button folds.

Final Pot: t897.50

Should I have pushed flop or turn here?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: ($22) Need help with 2 level 1 hands I think I misplayed postflop

Ok heres my analysis:

Hand 1:

I don't mind the way that is played. Although if u are going to raise on the turn i would have probably raised a bit more.

Also what was your logic for just flat calling and not raising on the flop. Surely you raise and if he comes over the top or calls you curse that he has an ace and check fold the turn.

Given how you played it, i guess you have to call the river, but i do not like it. He probabrly has a weak ace, or a ten.

I think i would have raised the flop and then folded to a reraise or check/fold on the turn. I hate gmabling here when the donks are likely to call with any weak ace.

Hand 2:

Preflop was played fine. I think you either have to push over the top of him or fold. I do not like calling there.

What range of hands do you put him on? I think he has a draw and a pair. So I do not think giving a cheap draw and catching is good.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:01 AM

Hand 1:

I'd raise the flop representing ace.

Villain will fold his QQ/KK here, but of course this one would call and I'd go into check/fold mode.

I wouldn't call the river, 'cos after the call on the turn it's most likely he has a monster.

And those times he ties with your JJ, has a small PP or QJ,KJ or KQ of clubs are so rare that calling will cost you money.

Even though there are two aces on the board, I think pocket aces is the most likely holding.

-Preflop minreraise means very often he has a high pair
-Minbet on the flop would fit, as most donkeys only see a set of aces which is the nuts and don't understand to protect it against a draw. He wants some more chips in to the pot but doesn't want to drive you away, so minbet makes sense to him
-Flop bet could've been a weak "bluff" with a QQ/KK, but I think after another minbet and call you're pretty safe to say he has at least one ace, but with the preflop minraise in mind I think he has two aces
-Again in the river he has you beat and makes a small bet that you can't resist calling

Hand 2:

I'd push the flop.

They'll happily call with their draw and I don't want to give free chance to hit it on the turn.

NP: Transport League - Jesus Came
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though there are two aces on the board, I think pocket aces is the most likely holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your analysis Pete and Oliver. Pete, I agree with your idea that a preflop minraise means he will often have JJ+ here. However, it doesn't make sense for someone holding at least 1 ace to call my checkraise on the turn, maybe on the flop, but not the turn.

With the river I'm getting 6-1 on my money, but then again it seems there is no rational hand he could be holding that I beat. I guess his retarded betting patterns made me want to call just to see his hand, which rather unexpected.

And for hand 2, thanks. Yeah I definately shoulda pushed the flop there.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pete, I agree with your idea that a preflop minraise means he will often have JJ+ here. However, it doesn't make sense for someone holding at least 1 ace to call my checkraise on the turn, maybe on the flop, but not the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that you're first to act, so he can call the turn and hope you'll bet the river.

If you check he can bet something and hope for call or even another check-raise.

NP: Sähköinen Ekstaasi - Perimmäisten kysymysten äärellä