Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 08-17-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Russian brides?

I'm curious about these women at this site. They seem to be connected to the Atlanta Chambr of Commerce. Some cute chicks.

Anyone have experience with anything like this? I guess they are looking for American husbands. Would they just come over to the US and hang out for a while? I'm just curious.

http://www.russianladies.com/
Old 08-17-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Russian brides?

Old 08-17-2005, 01:27 AM

I was hoping this thread would have potential
Old 08-17-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping this thread would have potential

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing stories about guys going to Russia to bring back these women. I figured someone would have some feedback. For one thing, the language would be an issue.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:44 AM

If not having to really know you or like you to screw or marry you wouldn't be an issue, I'm sure language wouldn't be either.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bud Light Presents Real Men of Genius.
(Real Men of Genius!)
Today we salute you Mr. Mail Order Bride Orderer.
(Mr. Mail Order Bride Orderer!)
Some men flip through a catalog looking for furniture, you flip through a catalog looking for someone to CLEAN the furniture.
(I don't do windows!)
Nothing says, "I will love you forever" like a quick swipe of a credit card at the altar.
(What's your payment plan?)
Women wait their whole lives for a man to say, "I do". In your case, "I do ... agree to pay the sum of 3000 American dollars."
(Let's talk annulment!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light O' Catalog Casanova. Your spouse may be full price, but you'll always be our better half.
(Mr. Mail Order Bride Orderer!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2005, 01:53 AM

that's what I mean - its so popular that there is even a bud commercial about it. I dont think with these women there is a fee to pay, you just have to help get them over here.

I don't know , is Russia such a hellhole they want to get out this bad?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know , is Russia such a hellhole they want to get out this bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard anything to the contrary. And I have a couple of Russian friends.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:08 AM

I have quite a few Russian and Ukrainian friends and they are great people.

Anyway, one couple I know was aquainted with this total babe (Lilia) who was courted and married by an American guy. We were all hanging out one day (her husband was working) and the attraction between us was just ridiculous. I speak a reasonable amount of Russian therefore making things all that much more fun (they like our accents, too).

Ultimately, she stayed faithful to the husband whom , frankly, I do not believe she truly loved. I was disappointed but happy for the dork she married as this said a lot about her character.

I would imagine the hotter the chick the more problems you are going to have (the aforementioned girl being a major exception). The former Soviet Union is becoming less third world all the time. There are plenty of guys over there with money, nowadays, so the US is becoming less appealling to them all the time.

I know of another guy (cab driver) who married this super hot cop chick from Moscow. I believe she has divorced him by now. From what I knew about the situation she was not too happy with the conditions he provided her with. Moscow, Kiev, St.Petersburg etc... are big, sophisticated cities. These women often have a warped view of what the United States is really like and wind up being pretty disappointed with life in Des Moines.

In conclusion, if somebody was seriously considering this, I would recommend finding a girl from a small, poor town. However, my primary suggestion would be to not mess with it.

The immigration process is brutal and you have no idea what they are REALLY all about. Are they just using you to get their papers so that, eventually, they can bring their mafia boyfriend over to clean you out?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:33 AM

Careful out there, bros:

Man Stabs Ukrainian Bride

"........Defense lawyer Riley claims Barney killed his wife in self-defense.

He says his client had stopped by the day-care center to deliver a bag of clothes to Alla Barney.

When she saw him approaching her car, she pulled out a knife, Riley said. They struggled over the weapon, fell into the car, and the knife penetrated Alla Barney's neck, he claims.

Barney panicked and was making plans to see a lawyer before turning himself in when police located his Mercedes, Riley said.

"It was a desperate thing to do," Riley said of Barney's suicide threat.

Moreover, the day-care center attack was not the first time Alla Barney assaulted the defendant, Riley said.

In the years leading up to the murder, Barney filed multiple assault complaints against his wife. Riley plans to call several witnesses who will testify they saw Alla Barney threaten her husband with a screwdriver."

The trial will be shown on Court TV Extra.