Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 10:18 PM

Default 5000 800-chippers

Hello everyone!

I've never made a stats post before today and probably won't again until I get a similar sample size at the 1000-chip SNGs, but I just managed to add together 5012 of my tournies (which are seperated month by month and I'm too stupid to have been keeping one cumulative one). I've always suspected that my averaged results of the last six months or so have been in this range, but it's kind of nice to see it.

5012 $11-$33s (About 4300 of them are $22s)
25% ROI
40% ITM

I'm very happy with these numbers. I still have room for improvement but I think that mostly my game is quite sound, if not a little too tight to really excel at the $55s. I'm working on this, though.

Three pieces of advice for fellow 800-chip players who are looking to improve their results:

1) Always play your A-game. I think there are probably as many as 30 but no more than 60 SNGs in this sample size that I played without putting 100% effort in. I'm very good at stopping myself from playing when I shouldn't, and I put in total focus and effort when I am playing. I find this helps me morale-wise as well, as I know that since I'm putting in my best effort, I should just not worry about the results.

2) Work hard! I've reviewed each hand played in probably 4500 of those 5000 games, whether I'm winning or losing. I have scads of text files of my own observations and ideas and I spend hours every day thinking about poker and reading and responding to hands posted on 2+2. Find posters who you think are good players and stalk them like a demented pervert. I read every single thing most of the respected posters in here write and I reread them and write out my own observations on their ideas and what have you. I don't respond to even a third of the posts I read in this forum because on many hands I don't have a fresh opinion about it so I just don't post.

3) Find someone who's good and will answer your questions and help you through ideas. I'm very fortunate to have help from some of the very best on this forum and others, and I think that has helped me immensely.

Finally, I have had the occasional PM from posters about providing coaching in the past, but I've always turned them down as I didn't feel I was ready to provide actual coaching. I think I'm ready now, and I've already taken on one student. I'm ready for a couple more if anyone else is interested, PM me to talk about it.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: 5000 800-chippers

Nice post.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice post.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 10:42 PM

Solid stats man...very happy to hear you've done so well. Keep kickin ass, and don't teach the noobtards too much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 11:25 PM

You need a larger sample. joking! Well done.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 PM

Great job. I'd yell at you for not moving up earlier, but I'd just as soon you kept out of my games. Good luck on your next 5k.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:16 AM

Nice 'tats, dude. I've only managed 17% over my last several thousand. How many tables were you playing for these, 4 or 8? Also, can I ask over how long these were played?
Old 12-28-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice 'tats, dude. I've only managed 17% over my last several thousand. How many tables were you playing for these, 4 or 8? Also, can I ask over how long these were played?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-28-2005, 01:32 AM

I think anyone that waits till 5000 to post any sort of stats should earn an exemption from the "Irie response"
Old 12-28-2005, 01:40 AM

This post makes me happy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
You worked hard, had a gameplan, and the results are evident.
Congratulations!

You wanna be MY coach? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
BL'