Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Approximately what % of posts would you delete off of each forums front page?
90% + 5 13.16%
70% 0 0%
80% 1 2.63%
60% 0 0%
50% 2 5.26%
40% 3 7.89%
30% 4 10.53%
20% 5 13.16%
10% 10 26.32%
0% 8 21.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Do you take a deal?

No, unless it is some savage circumstance like you would goto jail for life if they found you with an 8th. But in that case you are better off not making any shady drug deals in the 1st place. Ratting out is about as low as it gets when it is oftentimes your own fault for getting busted.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 AM

Wow, I am stunned that the large majority would choose to rat. Now I can't say that I wouldn't freak out and rat if I was facing a long jail sentence, but it would still be the wrong thing to do. If you are buying drugs, you are part of the drug trade, and you can't use the excuse that "drug dealers are shady and they deserve it" to excuse ratting them out. If you really believed that dealing drugs was so terrible, you shouldn't have bought them in the first place. Of course, there may be exceptions, but as a general rule I would just take the punishment.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are getting caught with a Kilo and you rat on your dealer you would be dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know about drug dealing is what I see in movies, so I'm ignorant -- but if the dealer was big enough to have you whacked for ratting, couldn't you be placed in Witness Protection?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:40 PM

Are we talking about white collar resort prison or Federal pound me in the ass prison??
Old 12-08-2005, 04:03 PM

Tell you what. I work at 111 Huntington Ave. in Boston. I get to work via the mall entrance every weekday at about 7:50 AM. It's not real crowded then. Why not come and try, dweeb.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good, because I would love to ass rape you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell you what. I work at 111 Huntington Ave. in Boston. I get to work via the mall entrance every weekday at about 7:50 AM. It's not real crowded then. Why not come and try, dweeb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you guys finish your business here instead?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:18 PM

this isn't high school. this is real life.

No it isn't High School, and in real life there are consequences for your actions. If you *voluntarily* take part in the illegal activity, then you've already chosen what side you're on.

I'm not a kid. I'm 54 years old, and if you're word is no good, if you're a snitch, then you don't deserve to live. Period. No discussion. No special circumstances.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No it isn't High School, and in real life there are consequences for your actions. If you *voluntarily* take part in the illegal activity, then you've already chosen what side you're on.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does this not apply to drug dealers? They know there's a non-negligible chance of getting ratted out when they deal drugs. Its one of the risks of the job.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:32 PM

It is a risk of dealing, but then that's why getting shot or shivved is the consequence of ratting. The dealer accepts his fate and then shoots you for it.

On a side note, one of my best friends lives with a guy that deals (same one whos hook up got popped) He sleeps with a gun on the night stand because he got robbed (shot guns masks, open the safe or we shoot you kind of thing)and is ready to use it if someone comes in. There is already a plan to liquidate all drugs from the house should this happen. My buddy gets hammered at my house and decides to drive home. That was wrong in the first place. He gets there and fumbles with his key then stumbles into the place and starts running into the tables trying to get to the couch to collapse. His roommate comes downstairs and has the gun on him when my buddy manages to hit the light switch and keep himself from getting shot.

Story Number two, a dealer I know lived with 4 friends. One roommate got into not paying rent and generally being a dick. The other 4 threw him out. The day he moved out he picked up the dealer's personal supply of the real good and left with it. The dealer had good suspicion it was him, went to his place and discovered it was still in the guys pocket. This is the kind of guy who if he got beat up would call the cops. So he got stabbed. Stabbed good too.

Neither of those involve jail time. Think what the dealer would do if he knew he was going to jail. If you think snitching is ok to do because "drug dealers are bad people", remember those bad people will do bad things to you.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is a risk of dealing, but then that's why getting shot or shivved is the consequence of ratting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, right, I completely agree. But if I'm looking at 10 years, I am probably not likely to come out of jail without being stabbed or getting AIDS anyways. I'd much rather take a chance against the dealer when he gets out than take my chances in prison.

Also, I'm assuming this dealer is a midlevel guy, not a very high level guy. If he has serious connections with Colombian cartels or mobs or something, it definitely changes things.

Also, I pretty much only know things about the drug trade that I've seen in the media.