Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Horseshoe/Tunica

Will be trying out the Horseshoe in Tunica 12/5 - 12/7. Previously I've always gone to the Grand, but had a bad experience with them the last time around. Several friends have been very complimentary of the Horseshoe. Comments?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Horseshoe/Tunica

FREEEE FOOOOD !!!

good burgers and chicken fingers

have a good time...
Old 11-25-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FREEEE FOOOOD !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's free food everywhere in Tunica.

Horseshoe has better dealers and much better floor staff than the Grand (or anywhere else in Tunica). They also have a much wider selection of games (Grand is only spreading 4/8 and 2/5NL nowadays). The buffet is slightly better, and the snack bar is awesome.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:43 AM

Horseshoe Tunica is the best all around place to play poker at in the eastern half of the US. Good staff, excellent games, excellent comps, and a very nice room.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:49 AM

That's funny. You had a bad experience with Harrah's, so you are going down the road to the other Harrah's. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Will be trying out the Horseshoe in Tunica 12/5 - 12/7. Previously I've always gone to the Grand, but had a bad experience with them the last time around. Several friends have been very complimentary of the Horseshoe. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's funny. You had a bad experience with Harrah's, so you are going down the road to the other Harrah's.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, but when I went to the local office to complain, they offered me a king size room at the Horseshoe comp. Since they're both owned by Harrah's, I was a little skeptical, so thought a post on two plus two might be insightful. The bad experience had to do with some rude staff in the hold 'em room BTW. Wish me luck.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:36 PM

My take on the Grand poker room last spring was the same - - they didn't seem to want my business so they didn't get it.
Enjoyed the Horseshoe and Gold Strike. Sams Town is OK but allows smoking. Have not played at Hollywood. Going down next week for my "poker camp."