Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Josh, you\'re wasting your breath . .

A quote from Turning Stone Pro:
[ QUOTE ]
I would enjoy a seperate forum made up entirely of serious players, and will look into doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would love to see a forum like this. I would be one of the two plus twoers that would have nothing to contribute (to this type of forum) but would love to be able to read credible, thought provoking posts without having to search through all of the asnine posts by the trolls and people that are just looking to increase their post counts. I hope that you (or somebody) can make this happen.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: A post I\'ve wanted to write for a long time (LONG)

Report is up. NV&G.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:30 AM

haha. i remember reading gummyworm posts from like 4 years ago that were like 1000 word bad beat treatises.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha. i remember reading gummyworm posts from like 4 years ago that were like 1000 word bad beat treatises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I could be wrong, and I'm certainly not gonna look them up, but I think they were more "wo is me, I'm running so bad" treatises, not actual bad beats.

I was writing those in an effort to get better. I certainly didn't pick the most effective way, but they did help me get to be a better player.

But, man. Things got ugly a while later. I was running bad again, as Josh W. I asked for advice, and Clarkmeister pulled a couple of those up. I got so beligerently mad at him for rehashing those. I thought he was trying to embarass me, but in reality he was helping.

Live and learn.

Josh
Old 11-17-2005, 02:51 AM

yea,

i wasnt trying to trash talk you. i was tryin to show you werent some new hotshot kid but had been behind the woodshed a few times. now that i realize gerry is a total troll i wish i hadnt responded.

anyway, i always enjoyed reading those and they were especially good for me as i was new to poker and saw how hard poker was even for someone who seemed waaaaaay better than me. they were entertaining too as i was trapped in some worthless job at the time and the forum had less traffic.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've suggested to TONS of friends who want to learn poker to read books first. I wish somebody would have told me that before I lost thousands climbing the learning curve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Lawrence