Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-14-2005, 11:57 AM

Default home tourney question

SO I play on a regular monday night $22 buy in NLHE tourney at a firecompany. Using this term without any disrespect. 70% of the people in the tournament are related. For example the grandfather plays in the game with his grandchildren. Pappy had 12 kids and between the marriages and kids they are all pretty much related.

I do not think any collusion was happening. I believe that the pride in winning and not the money is the main driving force, but whatever.
So I am the dealer. The first table of the night begins to be domintaed by 2 people and they get about three times the starting chips each between the two of them. One check raises the other all in. The original bettor begins to show his hands to the other 2 people sitting next to him and asking what should i do?

As the dealer I tell him to put his cards down and shut up and play himself. He then asks again should I call him?

I call it as a fold. and tell him this isnt a team sport.

He looks at me and mucks them.

What should I have done?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: home tourney question

If he shows one player his cards, he must show EVERYONE his cards.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he shows one player his cards, he must show EVERYONE his cards

[/ QUOTE ]
That is after the hand is over. If a player shows his cards while the hand is still in play, technically his hand is dead. But, I've seen this happen all the time in "friendly" home games. It's no big deal, but you were right in admonishing him about soliciting help.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is after the hand is over. If a player shows his cards while the hand is still in play, technically his hand is dead. But, I've seen this happen all the time in "friendly" home games. It's no big deal, but you were right in admonishing him about soliciting help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is correct. During a hand, if one player gets to see a card that belongs to another player, that gives him information that other players don't have. I would think that "show one, show all" would apply here as well.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is correct. During a hand, if one player gets to see a card that belongs to another player, that gives him information that other players don't have. I would think that "show one, show all" would apply here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he's only showing people that have already folded - the other guy is right
Old 11-14-2005, 07:33 PM

If you're playing in a more serious tourney, they'll let the players finish the hand. Then the guy who exposed his cards will be assessed a 10 minute penalty.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming he's only showing people that have already folded - the other guy is right

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.