Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Card Club in Murfreesboro, TN???

I was in tunica a few months ago during the wsop circuit event, and there was a fellow player about my age 21-23 telling me about a card club in Murfreesboro. He gave me a phone number to the place, but i have misplaced it. I want to find this place so i can play in the games.

Any information is greatly appreciated
Old 11-05-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Card Club in Murfreesboro, TN???

I don't know if it the same "card club" but I went to one a while back that is in the back of a pawn shop (just off the square). I played in a ring game for a couple of hours and just got the feeling that there was collusion going on between some of the regulars. I might have just been paranoid, but I haven't been back.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:39 AM

is this the same place i was talking about? the guy that was telling me about it, in which he also plays in it, was saying that they had good card tables, dealers, and even cocktail waitresses. is this the same place?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in tunica a few months ago during the wsop circuit event, and there was a fellow player about my age 21-23 telling me about a card club in Murfreesboro. He gave me a phone number to the place, but i have misplaced it. I want to find this place so i can play in the games.

Any information is greatly appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear this info as well. My family lives in the area and I will be the for the holidays. I think that pawn shop is where I got most of baseball cards when I was a collector (back when there were just 3 brands). I'd love to go back there and play some cards...
Old 11-06-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it the same "card club" but I went to one a while back that is in the back of a pawn shop (just off the square). I played in a ring game for a couple of hours and just got the feeling that there was collusion going on between some of the regulars. I might have just been paranoid, but I haven't been back.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are games and "rooms" coast to coast. Depending on the size of the town and the local law (always iffy), you can find safe places and "WTF am I doin' here?" Phone numbers don't always get you in. "Friend of a friend" might.

Outsiders (noobs) sometimes get worked over by the regulars. They're probably never gonna see you again, so WTF. Your b/r just adds to the local economy. "Ya'll come back now, ya heah?" (here's yer hat 'n dohn let tha doah hitcha 'n tha ass on yer ways out)

And always remember, there's no such thing as "too paranoid." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Outsiders (noobs) sometimes get worked over by the regulars. They're probably never gonna see you again, so WTF. Your b/r just adds to the local economy. "Ya'll come back now, ya heah?" (here's yer hat 'n dohn let tha doah hitcha 'n tha ass on yer ways out)

[/ QUOTE ]
Then they really didn't like me, because I walked out of the door with a modest amount of their money in my wallet.

[ QUOTE ]
is this the same place i was talking about? the guy that was telling me about it, in which he also plays in it, was saying that they had good card tables, dealers, and even cocktail waitresses. is this the same place?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have to say no. No waitresses, at least when I was in there. They did have a couple of good, tourney size tables and dealers.