Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 09:35 AM

Default A Lot of Fun Until Your Friends Find Out...

My friends and I have saying about playing KTo... it's like riding a moped, a lot of fun until your friends find out. (There's also a more vulgar version...)

Everyone's Second Favorite Live 10/20 game with a half kill

9-handed

Table is standard mix of one or two good players (including a pretty strong higher limit pro two to my left and a player I think is a 2+2er on the other end of the table, though he may not have sat down by this hand), a bunch of tight-weakish and SLA early-TP late players, and some poor players.

I'm in UTG+1, and have just won a big pot so I'm posting a $15 kill blind.

UTG is relatively unknown to me at this point. Has done nothing out of the ordinary. Probably on the tight-weakish side.

UTG+2 is a dealer who has also done little out of the ordinary. Seems to play fairly straightforwardly after the flop.

To the left of UTG+2 is a pro who plays pretty well, and then a collection of some looser players.

I welcome discussion of every street, because I think only one of them is totally obvious. Feel free to talk about why I really should have folded pre-flop, or whatever...

I am dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

UTG raises , Deranged calls (completing the kill bet, so I am calling only $15 and not $30), "The Dealer" (UTG + 2) calls, two other loose players call behind, blinds fold.

5 to the flop

Flop (11 SB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, Deranged raises (let the flaming begin!!!), "The Dealer" three-bets, two LP players fold, UTG folds, Deranged calls.

2 to the turn

Turn (9 BB): 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Deranged checks, "The Dealer" bets, Deranged calls.

River (11 BB): K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Deranged bets...

The reaction that I was given by the players at the table after the hand was absolutely priceless.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Re: A Lot of Fun Until Your Friends Find Out...

[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I have saying about playing KTo... it's like riding a moped, a lot of fun until your friends find out. (There's also a more vulgar version...)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... no, the vulgar version is "like riding a moped".

Anything else can clearly only be compared transitively to.. err... the vulgar version.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:50 AM

I guess you are comfortable with the preflop - I'm not. Especially not with the plan of stealing postflop.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. As UTG, I would expect many aggressive kill callers to play back on this flop and would 3-bet a good A-high for value, which I think occured in the hand. This is also why I don't think a good player bluff-raises this ragged flop - zero fold equity, and not worth a free card.

So on the turn you have 6 outs to hands that might be 2nd best anyway. I don't think board-pairing cards are legitimate outs, unless you are sure Villain will not bluff them. I don't want to call, because I can't showdown UI, but 10:1 rocks.

On the river, you hit your best card and should bet for value. I like this street.

BTW: what's going on with your position postflop? This is just an error, or your kill structure?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:53 AM

I'm not comfortable with pre-flop. I think I should have folded. I'd play the rest of the hand the same.

I don't want to bias responses, but I will say that what I did on the rest of the hand is for very different reasons than I think you think I did.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:19 AM

Nice suckout?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice suckout?

[/ QUOTE ]

I draw good.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I have saying about playing KTo...

[/ QUOTE ]

The other version is far better...

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone's Second Favorite Live 10/20 game with a half kill

[/ QUOTE ]

We do need to get the favorite going one more time before you leave for the Ivy-covered walls...

[ QUOTE ]
I am dealt K T .

UTG raises , Deranged calls (completing the kill bet, so I am calling only $15 and not $30),

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly one of my many leaks. I am never sure when to complete out of the Kill-Blind (whatever the name of it is). I tend to play like I would in the BB, but since position varies when you post the kill, the standard must change. Here you are probably in the worst possible position with the kill being UTG+1. I would like to think I would fold this -- I probably wouldn't. (BTW -- on leaks -- now I am also self-conscious about playing "batty" -- at least when Deranged is in the room.)

On to the hand:

I like your flop raise a lot. Definitely wanted to limit the field and potentially buy some additional outs... "Dealer"'s raise was unexpected but certainly helped clear the field -- unfortunately, I would fear that I was playing with three outs (hopefully six).

On the turn -- you are now getting 10 to 1 on the pot plus one on the river. If you put your outs at 4.5, I guess the call is good.

River is beautiful (the card, not your play -- of course).

Nice hand.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice suckout?

[/ QUOTE ]

I draw good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the most important skill in poker...
Old 08-05-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice suckout?

[/ QUOTE ]

I draw good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 AM

Damn it, Hobie. Now that I know you've read my post I fully expect you to come up with some constructive insults about how I'm a giant lag.

Then again, I bet you play this hand the same.