Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: ($50 NL) How cheaply can you get away from this QQ in the bb?

reraise pot pf and they won't have odds to hit their sets on you. If they call check fold a non Qxx flop.

And you have to lead the flop if you don't reraise pf, villain can have almost any two cards.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:32 AM

Fallen (or anyone else),

If I reraise pot preflop to $17, I am putting almost a third of my stack in. You said if called, I should fold to any non Qxx flop. But, what is the play if...

(a) utg pushes all in for $65, villain folds?
(b) utg calls $17, villain pushes?
(c) utg folds, villain pushes?
(d) utg pushes, villain calls (putting us both all in)?

I think that I would have to fold in pretty much all of the above situations. Is this analysis correct in your opinion? I felt that if I reraised pot, the likelihood of any of the above happening would be quite high, and I didn't want to get shut out after putting in a third of my stack with the third best possible hand preflop. Anyway, that is my explanation for the flat call. Am I being to weak by folding when the above scenarios occur?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fallen (or anyone else),

If I reraise pot preflop to $17, I am putting almost a third of my stack in. You said if called, I should fold to any non Qxx flop. But, what is the play if...

(a) utg pushes all in for $65, villain folds?
(b) utg calls $17, villain pushes?
(c) utg folds, villain pushes?
(d) utg pushes, villain calls (putting us both all in)?

I think that I would have to fold in pretty much all of the above situations. Is this analysis correct in your opinion? I felt that if I reraised pot, the likelihood of any of the above happening would be quite high, and I didn't want to get shut out after putting in a third of my stack with the third best possible hand preflop. Anyway, that is my explanation for the flat call. Am I being to weak by folding when the above scenarios occur?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if one pushes you have to assume KK,AA, see your pot odds and do what you have to do