Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: A Lot of Fun Until Your Friends Find Out...

[ QUOTE ]
Well W, I find it real intersting your approach to poker. You made errors preflop, on the flop, and made a questionable decision on the turn. Got very lucky on the river and at least bet your hand. Very nice play!.

As for your turn call, it is terible! If you think this call is automatic, you should get some buckets and start bailing water right now. You simply can't compute six clean outs here. How do you figure? Sure, if you knew he had 88 a call might be in order. Of course this is only the case because you bloated the pot on the flop with crap. You do understand this right? Furthermore, How exactly - given the action - can you be sure any Ten is going to Win? Or if a King hits your kicker is good? you can't.

You basically performed a party 1/2 play and think congratulations is on order? Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to go down this road.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well W, I find it real intersting your approach to poker. You made errors preflop, on the flop, and made a questionable decision on the turn. Got very lucky on the river and at least bet your hand. Very nice play!.

As for your turn call, it is terible! If you think this call is automatic, you should get some buckets and start bailing water right now. You simply can't compute six clean outs here. How do you figure? Sure, if you knew he had 88 a call might be in order. Of course this is only the case because you bloated the pot on the flop with crap. You do understand this right? Furthermore, How exactly - given the action - can you be sure any Ten is going to Win? Or if a King hits your kicker is good? you can't.

You basically performed a party 1/2 play and think congratulations is on order? Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to go down this road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, damn it, I just can't help myself.

Hellite, if you think the turn call is terrible, you are certainly missing something.

1. By the fact that "the dealer" did not reraise pre-flop, we can very safely dismiss all of the pairs JJ and up. He would likely have raised TT as well. Hence, if villain has a pair here, all of my outs are good.

2. Given the nature of the board, about the only reasonable hand villain can three-bet here is a pair. He has not really gotten out of line yet. He is not a lag. He is not likely to be playing a 3 in his hand. Once the third 3 comes on the turn, I'm very confident he doesn't have a 3. As Sfer noted, he'd likely have slowplayed a 3 here.

Given this read, which in my opinion is both very strong and quite straightforward, a call on the turn is not only necessary but extremely profitable, getting 10 - 1 plus one implied bet on a 7 2/3 - 1 shot.

To be honest, this is really a very elementary exercise in hand reading and odds calculation.

I do have a unique approach to poker, sure, whatever, I guess.

I will be the first to admit the pre-flop call is bad. No one has yet made a good argument why the flop raise is not good. I encourage you to offer a sound, logical argument for a better route on the flop.

In fact, I encourage you to offer a sound, logical argument for anything. If you don't start doing this you will not be very welcome on these boards.

Please, in the future, refrain from insulting people's character based on the play of hands. I posted this hand because I figured I probably misplayed it. I usually only post hands I think I misplayed. Many others are with me on this front.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:18 PM

I don't like the flop much because the entire table is behind you and you could easily be crushed by UTG. With a field that big I am assuming that the hand is going to showdown and that. The rest of the hand is simple though.

The 6 seat (Asian guy, hat) I've played with twice and he is terrible. He has steam issues but his tilt is that meek, call off with everything tilt.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or if a King hits your kicker is good? you can't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:26 PM

You did say let the flaming begin...you suck!...just kidding.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You did say let the flaming begin...you suck!...just kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love getting flamed when done intelligently.

But, you're right, I do suck. I play/post bad.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for your turn call, it is terible! If you think this call is automatic, you should get some buckets and start bailing water right now. You simply can't compute six clean outs here. How do you figure?

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched the hand and I put the villain squarely on 55-99.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or if a King hits your kicker is good? you can't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone else caught that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-d
Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 PM

I think that is a fine and dandy idea. KT could be your "maniac" hand. Just cap the action on every street, no matter what hits the board and see what happens! Although, I might limit it to KTs, just to keep the variance under control...
Old 08-05-2005, 01:42 PM

P.S.
Maniac Hands are fun! But very expensive.