Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Hand from the Orleans

Orleans Sat. night tourney. $100+ buy-in, and one $100 add-on. Buy in gets you 1200 chips, add on gets you 2000 chips.

First place paid just shy of $6K, 10 places paid. 120 entrants. 290,000 chips in play.

Down to two tables, I have 13,000 chips which is average. Blinds are 300/600 with 100 ante. The table is very tight. The only good player remaining is to my immediate left. He has 2100 chips. He will wait until it is correct to go all-in, but is good enough to know that he should open all-in with any two, but re-raise all-in only with hands that race reasonably well.

I'm in the cut-off, and the blinds have shown that they will fold if their cards don't look pretty no matter what the situation is.

With 1900 already in the pot, I will happily put in 1200 with a reasonable chance to win the blinds/antes and a willingness to race the "good player" as a dog for another 900 if he pushes. So, I have decided to open-raise for 1200 regardless of my cards if given the opportunity.

I am, I do, the good player folds, and the SB reluctantly calls with around 10,000 behind. The BB folds. 4000 in the pot. The SB is ABC-tight and very untricky. He's not a complete moron, so it's not like he only bets with a hand... but he is easy to read. He probably has an ace lower than AK or a small pair. KQ suited is the worst hand he is likely to hold.

I have 2h-5h and the flop comes 2d-8h-Jh.

He checks and I bet half the pot (2000). He checks his cards and calls. I am not convinced that he has anything better than ace-high. I hope he doesn't have KQh.

The turn is a black 7. He checks and I check behind.

The river is another black 7. He quickly bets 3000, which is about half his stack.

What's your move on the river? Any criticisms of my play up until the river?

Irieguy

PS- I will not be able to check back until tomorrow morning. Results later.