Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 01:19 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: PlayNHpoker.com (Has Anyone Played In New Hampshire?)

[ QUOTE ]
Did you end up checking out Manchester last night?

I tried montecarlonh in Nashua Friday night. Pretty good structure for NH: 135 buyin, 100 towards prize pool with no rebuys. 3500 starting chips, 20 min levels, blinds 25/25, 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, etc. 47 people entered. Dealers were actually pretty good as they kept the action moving and dealt fairly fast. I was pretty card dead and busted in level 6 around 24th place. I am definately considering attending again as it is only an hour drive for me.
Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my own home game going last night, so I didn't have the opportunity to check it out. But I will sooner or later. I think they have some coupons online that I can use to play one of the rebuys for free (well, one buy-in, doesn't include any additional)
Old 08-21-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did hear one negative thing from someone who played there; he claimed there were fillers at the tables playing with house money, raising into every pot to drive the rake up. I haven't played up there yet, though I keep planning to, so I can't vouch for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see the negative aspect of this policy.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did hear one negative thing from someone who played there; he claimed there were fillers at the tables playing with house money, raising into every pot to drive the rake up. I haven't played up there yet, though I keep planning to, so I can't vouch for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one lazy meat-a-ball! How's it going kid? Still holding onto your Q/Q first-out finish from Dan's, eh?

I hope someday we get a third event, I won the 2nd one and would like a chance to defend the crown. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 12:28 AM

I have played at all of these places below in NH including this one that wasn't mentioned in this tread......

http://nhpoker.net <-----Plays Mondays in Manchester, has 7pm $50 rebuy tourney and lots of $25 $50 SNG's on the side. The people that run this place are OK but the structures in the multi's could be better, SNG's are fun and soft.

http://www.playnhpoker.com <-----Plays $50 rebuy tourneys Saturdays at 12:30 and 6PM, I happen to like this place the most out of the three due to the blind structure, who runs it, and how they run it.

http://www.montecarlonh.com <----- Has a good $135 no rebuy tourney due to its blind structure and starting chip count but other than that I find the other side games + tourneys they have are poop. The guy that runs this operation is also a little shady in how the "for charity" thing works.......

But all in all the three places are definitely an alternative to playing at Foxwoods' tourneys that have heavy juice and crappy payout structure.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played at all of these places below in NH including this one that wasn't mentioned in this tread......

http://nhpoker.net <-----Plays Mondays in Manchester, has 7pm $50 rebuy tourney and lots of $25 $50 SNG's on the side. The people that run this place are OK but the structures in the multi's could be better, SNG's are fun and soft.

http://www.playnhpoker.com <-----Plays $50 rebuy tourneys Saturdays at 12:30 and 6PM, I happen to like this place the most out of the three due to the blind structure, who runs it, and how they run it.

http://www.montecarlonh.com <----- Has a good $135 no rebuy tourney due to its blind structure and starting chip count but other than that I find the other side games + tourneys they have are poop. The guy that runs this operation is also a little shady in how the "for charity" thing works.......

But all in all the three places are definitely an alternative to playing at Foxwoods' tourneys that have heavy juice and crappy payout structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've seen the other sites, but figured the PlayNH site looked like the best setup. They still haven't responded to my email asking how their tournament ends (if they close at 11pm but start a tournament with a reasonable structure at 9pm, what do they do when 11pm hits????)

They also have some coupons I could use there as well, so I'll probably give that a go in the near future. Thanks for the response.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:42 PM

Did you play in Manchester this weekend? Not to keep bugging you or anything, just wondering what it was like.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you play in Manchester this weekend? Not to keep bugging you or anything, just wondering what it was like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played there yet. I've got a wedding coming up in a month, plus finishing up my home games. And I fix peoples computers on the side and my days off from work were filled with computer stuff.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you know, that honestly didn't worry me too much either...the guy who told me about it was ticked tho. I kind of thought he was an idiot anyways, not only for that reason, so I didn't really reply, I just shrugged and said, "Eh." Might be bad if you didn't know about it, and two were on your left, raising you off half-decent hands I guess.

Anyway, I have heard since that the limit cash games aren't much good, so Ihaven't checked it out.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:37 AM

Default My Final Table Trip Report: $20,000 PlayNHPoker.com Event

Hey everyone! I finally played one of their events. Report in my blog at AJ "The Triple Threat" Martino Poker Blog