Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Scotch Questions from a silly college kid

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I read this thread last night before I went to sleep and realized I have never actually tasted scotch. I was talking to my roommate about this and he said scotch is awesome, so basically I want to buy some scotch for either tommorow night or thursday night. I need the fine people of 2+2 to recommend me a good first bottle. I am taking a wild guess that decent bottles of scotch are usually about 50-100$ right? maybe? I have no idea but I am not crazy about spending more than 100$ on a bottle. So yeah, I am going to buy a bottle based the recommendations I recieve...I am really excited about this for some reason! Help !

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend starting with the Macallan 12. It is $35 to $40 around here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd vote for this or the Balvenie Doublewood, which should cost the same or $5-10 more.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Scotch Tasting (NY/NJ)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to get in on this, as I'm driving to NY/NJ from Florida pretty soon. Any chance this happens say, the weekend after Thanksgiving?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my original post was ill-concieved due to me being at school ~an hour from nyc by car or train ... I'm more than willing to have all you guys down here, but the event would perhaps be more successful in the city.

Are there any ideas of places we could do this, or volunteers willing to step up and host?

[/ QUOTE ]

Suck it up and do it in Scully.

Also, I may drop by if you guys take so long getting this together that I'm back for the holidays.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I smell a Borgata trip. And that cool looking burger place in New Haven.

[/ QUOTE ]

That place is fantastic. You've got to pair it with Pepe's, though. One of the best days in cheap food anywhere.

scrub
Old 11-17-2005, 12:36 AM

this thread needs to be removed because whenever i see it all i want to do is go home and drink my scotch.

i don't carry the highest quality stuff but i like it

i got some johnnie walker red label, famous grouse, and gordon highlanders scotch at home.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:38 AM

I like Maaaaaaax Poooooooooooower's bourbon idea as I've recently started having that occasionally.

I'd also be up for some scotch tasting (either once or twice). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I smell a Borgata trip. And that cool looking burger place in New Haven.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Borg trip would be perfect for me, I'm going there anyway. Can you make it to NJ, Ed? BTW, if I can make it, I'll bring a bottle of Balvenie 15, and possibly something else--just letting you guys know so there's not too much duplication.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to get in on this, as I'm driving to NY/NJ from Florida pretty soon. Any chance this happens say, the weekend after Thanksgiving?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my original post was ill-concieved due to me being at school ~an hour from nyc by car or train ... I'm more than willing to have all you guys down here, but the event would perhaps be more successful in the city.

Are there any ideas of places we could do this, or volunteers willing to step up and host?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if it isn't in NYC, I can have it at my place in New Brunswick. I have enough room for a fair size of people, like 16-20(though that may be tight). I'm gonna be in Chicago for thanksgiving from 21-29th, so I can do it after that if we aren't gonna be in NYC and need a place
Old 11-17-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, if it isn't in NYC, I can have it at my place in New Brunswick. I have enough room for a fair size of people, like 16-20(though that may be tight). I'm gonna be in Chicago for thanksgiving from 21-29th, so I can do it after that if we aren't gonna be in NYC and need a place

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A Borg trip would be perfect for me, I'm going there anyway. Can you make it to NJ, Ed? BTW, if I can make it, I'll bring a bottle of Balvenie 15, and possibly something else--just letting you guys know so there's not too much duplication.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in princeton, and perfectly willing to hit up either new brunswick or AC at any point.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Maaaaaaax Poooooooooooower's bourbon idea as I've recently started having that occasionally.

I'd also be up for some scotch tasting (either once or twice). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

burbon rules.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in princeton, and perfectly willing to hit up either new brunswick or AC at any point.

[/ QUOTE ]

count me also in for wanting to hit up AC
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

I think this is a great idea, and I will make the drive up from Baltimore for this if given a place to crash.