Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: KJo, bet the turn with outs?

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing offsuit broadways after limpers can be tricky. If the field of limpers is large, you should definitely not raise these hands, as some opponents who have limped ahead of you may have done so with hands that dominate you. It is a clear error, for instance to raise hands like KTo after 3-4 limpers.

In this case, because there were only 2 limpers ahead of you, raising makes sense if you can fold the blinds and/or get the button. If you cannot fold out both blinds and/or get the button, I would simply call.

In looking back at the hand, I probably do raise it, but it has been a while since I have played full ring.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing offsuit broadways after limpers can be tricky. If the field of limpers is large, you should definitely not raise these hands, as some opponents who have limped ahead of you may have done so with hands that dominate you. It is a clear error, for instance to raise hands like KTo after 3-4 limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a read-dependent raise. He said the limpers were loose so you can find a value-raise/buy button/fold blinds with hands like KJo and maybe KTo. Against tight limpers, fold KJo.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:59 PM

You need to raise preflop.

-SmileyEH