Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 04:32 AM

Default Moving to limit... who wants to be my POKER COACH???

It's about 3 AM right now, so I apologize for any rambling. I currently play no-limit. I've been winning consistently at no-limit and would like to move to limit because I understand that there is more profit potential if I could become a good limit player. I am currently doing a challenge:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1

As soon as I finish the challenge, I would like to start playing limit. I figure I will start at 2/4 maybe, and move up as quickly as I possibly can. My goal is to be beating 10/20 by February. I currently coach players in NL, and I feel that I could take anyone who wanted to learn and have them beating the NL games. I would like someone in limit to do the same for me. The bankroll is no problem, so basically as soon as I am confident at 2/4, 3/6, etc... I can move up. I want to move up fast, but want to be confident that I can beat the games in order to move up. I don't want to move up and take a chance with my bankroll. If I have holes in my game, I want to fix them, so that when I get to 10/20 or 15/30, I won't have leaks all over the place. I want someone who can show me how to beat the games as quickly as possible. I am currently reading WLLHE by Lee Jones, and have SSHE on the way. Hopefully I have a general understanding after these couple books, but I have no experience with limit whatsoever, so to say I am a beginner in limit is an understatement. I know nothing. I am currently on winter break, so I can put in a lot of hours playing, and going over things my coach tells me I need to work on. I don't know what type of arrangment we can work out, but I'm up for all suggestions. Feel free to PM me. We could do a % of earnings over a certain amount or something. I'd really be up for any arrangement that would work for both of us. If you think you can help me get where I would like to be, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Moving to limit... who wants to be my POKER COACH???

you still havent met with me at turning stone. i play 20/40 there and am doing very well. i dont feel comfortable saying that i can coach someone, as i am a student of the game and am still learning myself, but i am beating the games for a living. learning how to beat 10/20 in a months time from scratch is going to prove unlikely, but with a NL background it may be easier. i could definitely teach you how to beat 10/20 at turning stone as it is very very easy. pm me. id love to learn how to beat higher stakes NL like the 5/10, if youre good enough. i wont be at the stone until after christmas.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:41 AM

Default I will . . .

I will teach you all the little-known PP strategies, including the Ace Adjustment Theory for Turn Play, why you should never use the "raise any" or "raise to X" button on PP, and how to adjust your post-flop strategy based on the size of someone's stack. I will also instruct on how to recognize when someone will DEFINATELY get dealt a strong hand (usually, it will be after a abnormally-horrendous beat).

I can fax over a proposed Retainer Agreement for your consideration. Thank you very much for your time, and please contact me with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

TSP
Old 12-22-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Moving to limit... who wants to be my POKER COACH???

"you still havent met with me at turning stone"

Just got home a few days ago. Almost went last night. I'll PM you once my computer speeds up a little.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: I will . . .

Either your post is a brilliant joke or you are a complete dumbass.

Snowbank: I would recommend not reading WLLHE.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:57 PM

"Snowbank: I would recommend not reading WLLHE."

I have heard to read it before SSHE, and then when I read SSHE, forget what WLLHE said. That sound right?
Old 12-23-2004, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard to read it before SSHE, and then when I read SSHE, forget what WLLHE said. That sound right?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to follow this strategy, why not just skip reading it altogether instead of reading it and then discarding it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2004, 01:14 AM

Because I have heard it would be easier to understand SSHE if I picked up a general understanding first.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about. Read Clark's posts in this thread. The book progression's good, as is his discussion of why he has WLLH as the first book to read and SSH fourth, after Theory of Poker and Middle Limit HE.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:37 PM

If you sign up at www.remmy.net this is exactly what we do...