Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 07:12 PM

Default How do you like my bluff?

Opponent is pretty typical party low limit player. Loose PF, weak post flop.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

I would have folded on the turn if BB had called, but once it got HU, I figured the chances I could push him off AK or AQ was high enough for the cost in this huge pot.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: How do you like my bluff?

He's going to show you a pair.. most likely an overpair like JJ. He's worried about the trips but he's definitely pot comitted after all of those raises and re-raises.

His action on the turn definitely indicates an overpair for a fishy player. He just called your raise because he's worried about monsters.

Blackjack
Old 01-10-2005, 07:44 PM

I disagree, I find these guys ussually keep on betting their big aces on a ragged flop. And there's no way a guy like this is going to throw away that hand for only one more bet on the turn when there's still a card to come. Obviously you're beat 95% of the time you get called that last time. But what i'm really concerned about is whether he's going to be pushed off ak or aq often enough for this to be profitable. Investing 3 bets to win 11.5 seems a bit much. But I reckon he'll be on overcards nearly as often as he'll be on AA-JJ (i rarely see TT 3-bet by fish).

Anyway, for the reckord he showed down AKo and took it down, then appologized [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 08:44 PM

I'd probably fold this on the turn. I don't think you're getting much fold equity from SB unless he has exactly AK.

Given that you raised the turn and he calls, I'd check behind on the river.