Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Why Current Online Win Rates Won\'t Persist

[ QUOTE ]
My GF is a nurse in the U.S. and makes more money than her Dad who is a doctor in Peru.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a thread recently where the OP said that Scandinavians were colluders because there were so many of them in the top places of Stars MTTs.

The reason scandinavians rock the poker world (%-wise) is because a high level of eduacation, sucky salaries and everyone and their polar bear being online makes poker a really good deal. Assuming the availability of internet access will rise in less developed countries, I can't see what would stop your father in law to double his paycheck by releasing overpaid americans from their $$$.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:15 AM

I hope my current online win rate won't persist, because it's not very good.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not hard at all. I think that most USA players don't realize how large the income differential is between industrialized and other industrialized countries for individuals with similar skillsets.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think legalization of online gambling in the US would cause a huge increase in the fish population?

[/ QUOTE ]
It would, IMO, lead to a golden age of online poker. The fish would literally jump into the boats. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And keep in mind that technically the current illegatily/ambiguious legality of online poker is technically in violation of international trade agreements we have made (according to WTO rulings). The next presidential administration and congress might lead to the full legalization of online gambling. The gambling industry in this country is eager to cash in on the power of the internet. So don't be too pessimistic, but I don't see it happening until 2008 at the earliest.