Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 11:48 PM

Default 4-8 at Cammerce. Am I a donk?

Ok so its 4-8 live and man is my table soft. So im in the BB with an AA34 nice and offsuit and i get like 5 callers so I raise it up. Someone in MP reraises behind a couple ohters and everyone calls and I cap it with a total of 6 people seeing the flop. 24 sb in the pot! So flop somes a beautiful little 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I checked and it got all the way to the button who bet. Ok now heres where i go into the tank. As far as i see it I have 3 options. 1. Fold but id really rather try and catch runner runner str8, nut low, A, etc. 2. Call and hope that i dont have to deal with a check raise/ 3 bet by the time it comes around. or 3. Raise. I dont figure to have the best hand with AA but if everyone else with 1 pair and a runner runner low has to cold call 2 bets on a dangerous str8 like board they might drop out plus i can catch the runner runner low, probably a board pair on one of the cards, or an A or i might even have the best hand. So i raise? = first question. It worked anyway and everyone drops out to the button who gives me a little look. So the turn comes a Q but i make a bet because im a tard at this point and i figure there to be a little bit of fold equity and i think that if I check id have to call a bet anyway. So the river card is one of 2 cards I wanted to see at this point, a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and im real happy bout that because i have the best 2 pair now and i make a confident value bet? Ok so i played this hand a little unorthodox but do you think that it was unorthodox brilliant or donkey?