Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Default PokerNow asked about my other Party accounts

I just signed up for a PokerNow account to take advantage of the reload bonus.

After depositing I promptly received a call from PokerNow "to verify my information." I have received these calls in the past an thought nothing of it until...

They also mentioned: "I see that you have accounts at PartyPoker, Empire Poker, Intertops and Multipoker...is that correct?" I answered yes, of course.

And then she said, "thank you for your deposit an enjoy the fastest cashouts and highest purchase limits on the Internet."

Has anyone else had this type of exchange, should I (or We) be concerned.

Should I get my money out now....is this the Bonus Whore roundup others have been fearing.

Thanks for your feedback.....
Old 05-01-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: PokerNow asked about my other Party accounts

They like to call people out on it but they never do anything, from my experience. It seems like everyone gets freaked out because they'll ask you (and over the phone too), but they never actually do anything.

EDITED because I assumed and made an ass out of u an me. My apologies. But the top half of my response remains legitimate.

-Todd
Old 05-01-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you aren't ever logged onto 2 skins at the same time - if you happen to drop into the same game, you are in a whole world of [financial] pain.

-Todd

[/ QUOTE ]

People play 2 (or more) skins at the same time all the time. It won't even LET you drop into the same game on both of them.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just make sure you aren't ever logged onto 2 skins at the same time - if you happen to drop into the same game, you are in a whole world of [financial] pain.
/quote]

Don't worry about this. The Party software won't let you sit at the same table as either yourself on another skin, anyone that has logged in from your computer or anyone that you have transferred money to.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:45 PM

WOW. Really? What does it do to prevent you from doing that, just say you aren't allowed to sit at the table because of an ip match or something?

That has what has been holding me back from 6-tabling party+empire . . . I once heard some horror story that apparnetly [now] wasn't legitimate. I feel like a fool!

Ya learn something new every day, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Todd
Old 05-01-2005, 10:50 PM

You should NOT be concerned.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:50 PM

Anyone else that finds this interesting in light of the new T&C on PokerNow?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:20 PM

It's routine. Multi asked me the exact same question when I signed up. Others have told the same story in this forum about various skins. It doesn't mean anything. They really are just trying to confirm that what they think is true is actually true. Unless you told a bunch of lies IGM and its skins are well aware that you have multiple accounts. They never do anything about it.

The worst case for any new PowerNow rules is they close your account and give you your money back. They are not going to confiscate money from anyone who has been honest about who he is and what he is doing.

Internet poker requires trust. Party's reputation and the very existence of their business would be jeopardized by any perception that they steal money from innocent people.

That's why they are very reluctant to confiscate the accounts of anyone, no matter what they have done or how much they deserve it.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:47 AM

Thanks for all the feedback...
Old 05-02-2005, 02:09 AM

They called me when I signed up 6 months ago. I actually told them they had the wrong number when they asked for me because I thought they were a telemarketer. They then sent me an emergency email telling me to call them.

I called them, and they asked if I had a Party account and I said I used to, but I don't play there anymore. They said ok, and I haven't had any problems since then.