Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 03:19 AM

Default WPT Borgata Sats...

I was at the Borgata a few weeks ago where they had sats going for the WPT event in sept. They had a $50 buyin sat into a $500 sat which then awarded a seat to the 10k event.

Does anyone know if there are any kind of sats currently being offered on any of the major sites, I've looked but haven't found much and don't have the time to drive to AC and try and qualify live. Thank you.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: WPT Borgata Sats...

I received an email from Full Tilt saying that they were starting satellites for the Borgata Open starting on July 18th
Old 07-16-2005, 03:57 AM

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:02 AM

No problem, here's the exact text from the email

For many people, Atlantic City, New Jersey conjures up images of the boardwalk, the Miss America Pageant, and Bruce Springsteen songs. For us, it conjures up thoughts of world-class poker at one of the most prestigious events on the World Poker Tour - the Borgata Poker Open.

If you'd like to be part of the field in this great WPT championship event, make sure you play in our new round of satellite tournaments starting on Saturday, July 23rd. These $200 + $16 tournaments will run at 3PM ET and provide the winner with a $12,000 prize package, including a $10,000 + $300 buy-in to the Borgata Poker Open, $1,700 in spending money, Full Tilt Gear, and dinner with our pros before the tournament starts on September 19th.

Satellites start on Monday, July 18th and start at just $4 + $.40 so don't wait to win your way to one of the biggest tournaments on the World Poker Tour.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:31 PM

The only other thing I've been able to find online is Tiger Gaming, but they never really have enough players. I emailed Stars, and they said they will not be running sats.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:17 PM

I'm shocked that WPT satellites are not more widespread. You figure the online sites can win two ways. They make money on the juice from the satellite and then they have built-in advertising at the tourney. I guess the only thing they are worried about is not having enough players to build up the prize pool.

I will definitely be playing in some of the Full Tilt satellites.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:11 PM

I was surprised as well to see how limited the satellite offerings are. I guess they just don't want to run them and not have them full. Stars, however, has the WCOOP running the same week, and I doubt they'd want to interfere with that.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:28 PM

superiorpoker.com
when you load the page look in the bottom left corner for WPT logo for info.
Disclaimer : I know absolutely nothing about these guys, ie reliability, etc and have never played there. I just happened upon an email with these details.