Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Weird stats over 1k hands - I <3 this forum

So I was playing 10/20 and 20/40 today. After about 1000 hands I realized that I was down on every table I had played, and I decided to see how big the big red number in PT was - i'm working on inuring myself to losing $.

Anyway, it wasn't that big, like -$1500. But my stats were very odd. My WTSD was 15%. Fifteen percent!! This was over 1000 hands. One 100 hand block my WTSD was 0!

Now, like the [censored] I am, I start thinking "OMG! I'm folding winners! I'm such a fish who folds too much! They are looking into my SOUUUUL!" etc etc.

So i spend 10-minutes calling down Q-hi (I busted one LAG/TAGs bluff on an A_hi board, he was so mad... He's like "Great call. WTF are you doing calling there?" Me:"Well, you were bluffing, so I had to call." Him:"..."

So I take a quick break and think about it. I realize I'm not playing any tighter than normal, so it's time to get back to my A-game. Lo and behold, after 800 hands more my WTSD has converged to about 32%, a little low for 6max but still quite familiar looking.

It's frustrating that after hundreds of thousands of hands of winning poker i'll start to question my entire game b/c one of my numbers "Doesn't look right." I think i'm over it htough - and i'll be noting future short-term abnormalities in my PT stats as quirks, nothing more.

Playing your A-game &gt; having pretty stats.

I hope someone got something out of this. I love this forum - I can post rambles/variance thoughts and not care about spamming. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Surf
Old 11-29-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Weird stats over 1k hands - I <3 this forum

I think your post has too much content for this forum.

And yeah, 100 hands with a showdown of 0% is slightly crazy, but not anything to worry about.

The moderator should be notified...
Old 11-29-2005, 10:07 AM

i agree.
i think variance should be removed from the forum title.
also, most of the posts in here suck... too much gay "brag" posts, not enough bad beat stories.
i will try to post some funny bad beats.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Weird stats over 1k hands - I &lt;3 this forum

I could post my QQ hand from yesterday where I flopped a set in a 3way pot and finished 3rd to a runner-runner straight and a 1 card flush!

Surf
Old 11-29-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, most of the posts in here suck... too much gay "brag" posts, not enough bad beat stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure there is much more to this forum sucking than that...

rj