Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Video TStone coached me on

very interesting to watch.
I think you played very well over all.
i would not have three bet KQo and i would have played a few other hands different but that may be a matter of personal style.

If I look hard for anything to be critical about it should be that you didnīt let the 59/26 guy bet enough. He wanted to get his money into the pot but once someone else bet, he was fairly resonable.

Also, you seem pretty conservative in the blinds. you may be on to something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].Would you mind to share your stats for SB and BB. I myself would for sure have played a few of the hands you folded.

please share the notes you got from your coach.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you seem pretty conservative in the blinds. you may be on to something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].Would you mind to share your stats for SB and BB. I myself would for sure have played a few of the hands you folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am definetly not on to something. I really need to, and am actively trying to get looser in the blinds.

Folded SB to steal: 81%
Folded BB to steal: 58%
Folded BB to steal HU: 53%

Note, these stats are from about 16k hands, and the last 3k or so I have been attempting to loosen up quite a bit.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) i dont try to steal with k4o vs that laggy bb. you dont win without a showdown often enough

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I have a loose BB (60 VPIP after 55 hands), I think K4 is just too strong from the button to not steal.

[ QUOTE ]
2) QTo in the BB vs SB. raising the flop is just spewing, villain is never folding before the river here

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise preflop with QTo from the BB (52/8/1.3 after 90) after he completes. He bets a 853 twotone flop. I think he could easily be taking a shot with nothing. It is a blind battle, and he certainly could fold before the river. I might be ahead, and if not, I probably have 6 outs in a 5 BB pot, plus implied if I hit.

[ QUOTE ]

3) i just call KQo on the button with a CC'er already. i dunno what's right though, it probably doesnt matter

[/ QUOTE ]
These guys are really loose, and have much worse hands. I think it does matter, and that KQ has too much equity, along with the benefits we get from our position and initiative to not reraise.

[ QUOTE ]
4) AQ on a KJ234 board, i value bet the river a lot. this villain probably would've raised any ace preflop though

[/ QUOTE ]
I still like inducing here. Plus I save bets when he doesn't bet his better hand.

[ QUOTE ]
5) 99 on a Jxx flop, waiting for the turn might be right, but i always jam the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not assured that he is betting again on the turn with two callers, plus there are many over card scare cards. Plus, I would rather raise on a cheaper street, incase I am behind to a jack.

[ QUOTE ]
6) A6o in the BB, button raises, calling station CCs, i never fold there, especially with the button being so passive postflop

[/ QUOTE ]
I really need to loosen up in the blinds...

[ QUOTE ]
7) i just give up with J high on the AKKQ board, the queen helps anything he'd peel with

[/ QUOTE ]
I hated that hand. Turn bet was horrible.

[ QUOTE ]

a7o on the button when a calling station limps in the hijack. dont fold, you have the best hand and the best position

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is close to a raise, but I am not sure. Blinds were loose I think, which would discourage me from doing it.

[ QUOTE ]
q9o on the button with two limpers i call. you limped jt in the same spot before, q9 is better

[/ QUOTE ]
I limped JTo with 3 limpers, and I think it would be much less profitable with 2. In these big multiway pots, I think JTo is a better hand then Q9o, as we are winning far less often when we hit a pair. If this means anything, PokerStove says JTo has 25% equity against 4 completely random hands, while Q9o has only 22%.

[ QUOTE ]

ats in the bb i dont threebet with the cc'er

[/ QUOTE ]
cold caller was fishy, and I think I have big value with this hand. Plus I wanted initiative. Maybe a call is right, but TStone liked the 3-bet!

[ QUOTE ]
raising 7s in the bb when the whole table has limped is insane

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree, see my thread on the matter.

Thanks for your replies,
Spicymoose
Old 11-24-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bets a 853 twotone flop. I think he could easily be taking a shot with nothing. It is a blind battle, and he certainly could fold before the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno, its my experience that when a player with those stats donks there it's always something he's taking to showdown or a draw he's seeing five cards with. i could be wrong though

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is close to a raise, but I am not sure. Blinds were loose I think, which would discourage me from doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i like limping there, i think

[ QUOTE ]
cold caller was fishy, and I think I have big value with this hand. Plus I wanted initiative. Maybe a call is right, but TStone liked the 3-bet!

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont think initiative is worth anything there. with the fishy button in the pot you're not going to win without a showdown that much, and without initiative you can trap the button when you cr the initial pf raiser
Old 11-24-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think initiative is worth anything there. with the fishy button in the pot you're not going to win without a showdown that much

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly disagree
Old 11-24-2005, 07:22 PM

46o in the BB.

i make this call getting 7-1, with good relative position on the PFR those times we hit the flop hard.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:38 PM

i dont remember seeing the A7o hand where the player limps in the HJ, i definitely definitely raise this on the button.

i also like limping Q9o behind bad limpers. you should try it out.

probably didnt see these hands because you folded preflop.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:05 AM

Thanks for putting that up. Awesome to watch although your hitting every flop or rivering the card you needed irritated me. Just kidding. Well played.

I just have a couple questions not really related to the hands since those were all pretty well discussed. Did you edit out all the preflop stuff where the decisions were super easy? I think I maybe want to see it all. Also, is that your usual screen name? I play in this game a ton and have never seen you.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for putting that up. Awesome to watch although your hitting every flop or rivering the card you needed irritated me. Just kidding. Well played.

I just have a couple questions not really related to the hands since those were all pretty well discussed. Did you edit out all the preflop stuff where the decisions were super easy? I think I maybe want to see it all. Also, is that your usual screen name? I play in this game a ton and have never seen you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did edit out some of the preflop decisions that were super easy, but I am pretty sure every decision I edited out was ridiculously easy. Even the ones that I thought were easy, but that some people may not, I left in. This is my usual screenname, but I just move over to Party about 15 days ago, and I am inbetween 3/6 and 5/10 now.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:18 AM

QTo : Is raising that donkbet with overcards standard for you? I usually just call the flop and fold turn UI. Mixing it up by raising like you did, when it's likely to give me a free SD vs. passive opponents.

A3o : button limps and you fold A3o in the SB, I don't fold there. Sometimes call, sometimes raise depending on the BB.

J6s : you bet an AKK flop and get called, I wouldn't fire again on the turn.

A7o : UTG limps and you fold A7o OTB, I raise.

A5o : on the CO 5handed, I usually raise.

ATs : Y_Do_U_Ask raises UTG, Button coldcalls, you 3bet from BB, I just call.

J3o : flop FH, I call flop and raise turn because this player will likely bet into you on the turn again.