Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Review of McEvoys Tournament Poker

This morning while sipping on a Jamba Juice at my local Barnes and Noble I picked up a copy of Tom McEvoy's Tournament Poker and read the NL section. All I have to say is that any decent player could have written this book, its a piece of crap. He says things like when he has AK and theres a limper he likes to raise it 600 (blinds 100/200)... okaaayy.. thats fu.cking great Tom thanks for your humble opinion written in stone. All it is is common knowledge with a few of his opinions tossed in and its pawned off as a strategy guide. Maybe I should write a party poker tournament guide by xPuns1her, instead of the caption below being "has four WSOP titles" it would be "has raped party tournaments".. just as credible for knowledge in MY opinion.

BOOK: 2/10

just ahead of time because I know some smart ass is going to do it anyway:

and heres a preemptive fu.ck you.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Review of McEvoys Tournament Poker

to be fair, the book was first published in 1995. There are definitely a bunch of better books available than this one, but its not like he just crapped this one out to take advantage of the poker craze (like a whole bunch of others have.)
Old 05-29-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This morning while sipping on a Jamba Juice at my local Barnes and Noble I picked up a copy of Tom McEvoy's Tournament Poker and read the NL section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, maybe you should demand your money back for such a crappy book.

Oh, wait. You didn't actually pay the author for his work, you did the B&N bootleg. You got nothing to gripe about.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This morning while sipping on a Jamba Juice at my local Barnes and Noble I picked up a copy of Tom McEvoy's Tournament Poker and read the NL section.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, maybe you should demand your money back for such a crappy book.

Oh, wait. You didn't actually pay the author for his work, you did the B&N bootleg. You got nothing to gripe about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Mr.Bookman .. eat a co.ck

That would be negative EV if I had payed BTW
Old 05-29-2005, 03:09 PM

I should write a tourney book, but the caption under mine would be "has raped punisher in EVERY party sng they have ever played together." Seriously, get a life and stop whining about everything. No one really cares what you think about a book that everyone knows is crap.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should write a tourney book, but the caption under mine would be "has raped punisher in EVERY party sng they have ever played together." Seriously, get a life and stop whining about everything. No one really cares what you think about a book that everyone knows is crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously took the time to read, block my user name if you dont want the amusement of reading my posts you fu.ck. I dont care about your opinions either.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:27 PM

wrong forum, go here
Old 05-29-2005, 03:32 PM

You do provide a few laughs, so I read the rubbish you post. Maybe you should spend some time reading and trying to understand some of the things on the forum so you might stand a chance in the $215's. Now that I think about it, you are the only 2+2er I will let have position on me. All I know is that you obviously have rich parents.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:34 PM

Are you on crack? I have at least a 39 percent win percentage in the 215's... maybe your only at the tables I bust? Whats your sn? use poker prophecy or something moron.

I play on a casual basis for fun and in the past month Ive played 36 215's, ITM in 17, and 10 firsts. No one as bad as you say I am could do that. Ive completely supported myself the past 2 years off poker so fu.ck you.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:38 PM

lol...You obviously dont read the forum much. You always lose the games I am in with you because you always find a way to donate your chips to me. Keep up the nice work.