Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Party $2/4, So I raised the bring-in with KK and got five callers

On fourth street, my hand is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

A guy bets out $2 when he hits ace on board-I don't think he has it. The Pot is $15.

he gets four callers (none who have four flushes or threatening boards)

What should I do? Raise $2 and increase the pot for the next street, wait till next street and raise/bet and continue doing that the whole hand? Just call and hope to hit two pair?

Joseph
Old 11-30-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Party $2/4, So I raised the bring-in with KK and got five callers

[ QUOTE ]
On fourth street, my hand is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

A guy bets out $2 when he hits ace on board-I don't think he has it. The Pot is $15.

he gets four callers (none who have four flushes or threatening boards)

What should I do? Raise $2 and increase the pot for the next street, wait till next street and raise/bet and continue doing that the whole hand? Just call and hope to hit two pair?

Joseph

[/ QUOTE ]

Big pairs play best against fewer opponents, so your raise will accomplish this goal AND increase the size of the pot that you are a favorite to win.

Smooth calling will only encourage 1 or 2 or all 3 of your remaining opponents to peel off another card on the cheap...next thing you know they'll all have 4-to-flushes/straight or even 2 pair and then your kings will be at risk.

Easy, eyes closed, raise!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:22 AM

Hang on...Maybe I'm not understanding things here but I don't see raising 4th in this position limiting the field. 4 people have already called one bet, you think they'll fold for one more? (assuming the ace doesn't 3 bet you). Unless everyone was in on this hand you're at best getting one person to fold.

Given your description of the hands I think a raise here is for value, but don't think it will limit the field.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:32 AM

I would just call and see what develops on fifth. This is a hand you may want to fold on that street.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see raising 4th in this position limiting the field...

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this, but I don't raise for value here. I just don't feel that you have very much of an edge if any edge at all with 1 pair against five other callers, I take a card off and make the decision on fifth.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hang on...Maybe I'm not understanding things here but I don't see raising 4th in this position limiting the field. 4 people have already called one bet, you think they'll fold for one more? (assuming the ace doesn't 3 bet you). Unless everyone was in on this hand you're at best getting one person to fold.

Given your description of the hands I think a raise here is for value, but don't think it will limit the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I misunderstood hero's position. If its a bet by the ace and then 4 callers and then hero acts, its an easy call...a raise is a baaad idea.

my bad