Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 04:00 PM

Default KK on the Button

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue"> Standard PFR, nothing to see here.</font>

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

<font color="blue"> I feel like I have a strong hold on this hand with that third King. MP2 bets into me and I thought about a raise, but I decided to just call figuring that if I raised MP2 would just call me down. If I let him bet into me on the turn, I could raise and get another BB out of him instead of half a BB. Was I thinking correctly or did I make a mistake? </font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue"> He bets into me just as I hoped and I drop the hammer. A re-raise by MP2 would have been golden for me, but sadly he just calls. </font>

River: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

<font color="blue"> Little iffy river card bringing the 3-flush on the board, but since he checked to me I'm pretty sure that I have to bet. If he happened to check/raise the river I think that I'd have just called it, but I'm not sure. Thoughts? </font>

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.75 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font>
Old 12-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: KK on the Button

standard. its great when your only big decision is whether to the raise the flop or the turn. Good thinking play.