Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 01:07 AM

Default What is the average yearly rake paid by an online player?

I am curious to know if anyone knows of any studies that can answer the above question and/or what your best guess may be. Below I will try to answer it for myself and welcome any opinions as a challenge to my logic.

I play about 10 hours a week at the $3-6 level on average.
This translates to about 500 hours per year. (~50 weeks x 10 hrs)

A rough average number of hands in the games I play is about 60 per hour.
The total number of hands in the year for me is then 30,000. (60 hands x 500 yearly hours)

The average pot size is about $30 I imagine. The rake taken from each pot is $1.00 (I am guessing on average). Thus the total amount of rake taken per year is $30,000 (30,000 hands per year x $1.00 avg. rake per hand).

I am one of an average of 10 players in the game, so my average contribution to the yearly rake is $3,000 ($30,000 yearly rake/ 1/10).

Again, reflecting on the above I realize that there may be some mathematical points that I am missing and I am looking forward to hearing alternative ideas.

I also think that if the above is accurate, or close to accurate, that every online player is potentially a golden nugget for each competing site!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: What is the average yearly rake paid by an online player?

I'm 4 tabling the 5-10 6 max and I play for a living.
15k hands per week at an average rake of .22 per hand 50 weeks a year means they take $165,000 in rake each year.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: What is the average yearly rake paid by an online player? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 08-19-2005, 01:46 AM

ROFL - thats by one person....
Old 08-19-2005, 02:00 AM

You should go to the police station and file a complaint against Party for financial rape.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 05:10 AM

yeah its totally sick......... i actually feel like puking when i look at the numbers [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] we could all be rich and living on our own islands drinking martini and sorounded by beatiful women

oh well, i like to think we are enriching the lives of thousands of indians by bringing them out of poverty.

but it is a proven fact that the whole of partypoker running costs are actually payed for directly from DcfrThs's rake, and the rest of it is going straight into a bunch of Dikshits pocketsees.

/rant.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah its totally sick......... i actually feel like puking when i look at the numbers [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] we could all be rich and living on our own islands drinking martini and sorounded by beatiful women

oh well, i like to think we are enriching the lives of thousands of indians by bringing them out of poverty.

but it is a proven fact that the whole of partypoker running costs are actually payed for directly from DcfrThs's rake, and the rest of it is going straight into a bunch of Dikshits pocketsees.

/rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always try another site that is not so greedy such as ..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 06:16 AM

You could always try another site that is not so greedy such as .....

LMAO
What is the advantage of pokershare vs UB?
Old 08-19-2005, 07:06 AM

lol. all these replies and no one has aswered the OP. deak, your numbers look fine to me. no, let me rephrase that. your calculations look fine. the numbers sux.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:43 AM

NH, sir.