Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: something is very very wrong

seems like you might be taking this too seriously. I would suggest a break from poker
Old 11-14-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am on the worst downswing of my career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

[ QUOTE ]
I have dropped 10 buy ins at 200nl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, 100nl for me.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel awful about poker right now, nothing is going right for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel awful about poker right now, nothing is going right for me.

[ QUOTE ]
The worst part is it is not as if I am getting drawn out on, I am just not getting into +EV spots that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

[ QUOTE ]
I am clearly running bad but I don't feel like a winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never felt so fishy either.

[ QUOTE ]
I am just not winning big pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

[ QUOTE ]
I need to talk with someone about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like you're reading my mind.

(ps, I don't have much of a point, but you're not alone in this, if that helps at all)
Old 11-14-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like you might be taking this too seriously. I would suggest a break from poker

[/ QUOTE ]

today actually felt a lot better. I broke slight above ever (up 20$ for 3 hours play or so) but for the first time in a while I felt like I played well and put in a solid winning session. Last week I was not feeling that way, I was feeling helpless and like I forgot what it was like to be a winning player.

I stepped down from 200/400nl even though I could deposit the BR for it, and 100nl is not much money to me so when I lose to beats like that it is pretty much comical. I am not losing the last 400$ in my pockets here. When you've been on a huge downswing and you finally get it all in the middle with the biggest preflop advantage you can possibly expect, and lose, you just have to laugh. I posted the second hand because I was just plain annoyed, it happened about 2 minutes after the KK/KT one. I closed all my tables and called it a night.

Even though I was up 2 buy ins with the prospect of going to a +3-4 night, and then instead went to being down for the night in 15 minutes, I feel good about the session. I'm repeating myself, but If I played like this everyday I know I would be back to winning at a great clip. I could not say that a week ago.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:03 AM

The long run is very long. Bad runs can go on seemingly forever. When running bad, dont overthink too much. Just drop down a level, play one fewer table and tighten up. Go back to basics. Players that cant drop down and tighten up go bust.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:05 AM

First of all i play at the 25nl at party, so I am no expert but here is what I see. The first thing I see wrong is that this guy called a raise with a marginal hand. Second once the flop came I would have made a pot sized or bigger bet. Your bet on the flop gave him 2.26-1 pot odds, but he had an oped ended so that gave him 8 outs 4.87-1 underdog, but huge implied odds. Once that 9 came on the turn and you made almost a pot sized raise and he re-reraised you I would have stopped and really thought at that point that I was beat or could be beat. Also how quick did you call that all-in. Unfortunately it seems you playing against a donk who doesn't understand the terms +Ev or domination. It sucks and that hand would be hard to get away from. Anyways I hope things turn around. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 02:05 AM

no worries, it happens to the best of us. I would suggest getting/reading Inside The Poker Mind, mainly the chapter on "Emotion". I think this will help alot.