Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 03:29 AM

Default How many mistakes did I make? (PP 15/30)

I know there's at least one [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, I didn't have any notes MP2, my main opponent in the hand

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Enon is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Enon posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Enon (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Enon calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Enon calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, Enon checks, Button checks.

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Enon bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Enon calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between MP2 and Enon.</font>
Old 08-16-2004, 03:38 AM

Default Re: How many streets did i misplay? (PP 15/30)

Why did you call the flop? Is it because you think your J high flush draw is good enough? If so, what are you doing checking the turn?

I would just fold this on the flop and be done with it. Even if a spade hits and your hand turns out to be best, it's very difficult to make any money with it because you'll be afraid that someone has a higher flush.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:35 AM

Default Re: How many mistakes did I make? (PP 15/30)

You could possibly have raiser preflop. There are already 2 people in, and it only costs you one bet. That is debateable I guess. With all those people seeing the flop, and you having a jack high flush draw and no pair or straight draw, its time to exit stage left. If youre going to play, certainly a raise was in order to limit the field, get a free card, reduce the amount to see it to the end, find out if youre drawing live. Take your pick of those. Seems like he was sandbagging on the end. From here it seems like an easy fold, but during the game, the hand creeps towards the mouse.....
Old 08-16-2004, 05:03 AM

Preflop:

You being the poster and having a decent hand, I'd raise in your spot preflop, if nothing else to try to buy the button and get it heads up with position.

Flop:

What the hell are you doing in here? MP2 is betting into you with the button to act behind and you have only overs with a questionable flush draw. This belongs in the muck...and fast!

River:

See why you should have folded the flop? You made your flush, and MP2 has you convinced that your J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is boss by checking it twice. He knows if no one else has a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] him betting will inspire no callers. But if anyone has a decent spade by the river, he'd bet. While I think your river is action is actually ok based on what happened before, you really should have folded this on the flop.

So by my count there are two mistakes. 1) You should raise preflop. 2) You should jettison your cards on the flop.

Garland
Old 08-16-2004, 05:09 AM

I like a raise preflop hoping to get the button and to get some free money in the pot from the 2 blinds. Knowing how tight you play, it might be good for image purposes, as well.

On the flop this is a terrible call given your position, but I think you probably know this.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop this is a terrible call given your position, but I think you probably know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its always clear looking back on the hand, but at the time my analyze went like this: 'two overs and a kinda high flush draw seems alright for just one bet'. Terribly fuzzy analysis I know, but I shouldn't have been playing in the first place being as fatigued as i was.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:26 AM

Fold the flop.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:50 AM

Just fold the flop.

-rory
Old 08-16-2004, 12:27 PM

The river is an easy call as it's hard to believe that MP2 would check the nut flush twice (and it would be hard for him to raise with a flush higher than yours but not the nuts.)

The error is on the flop. Actually, two errors. Calling a bet from your right with a weak draw. Then calling again once there has been a raise and a coldcaller. There is too strong a chance that either the raiser or the coldcaller or the original bettor have a draw to the flush higher than yours. The pot is not a big one which makes it even more likely taht one of teh others has a draw better than yours i.e. why else are they in there? Fold it even though you have already called the initial flop bet.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:50 PM

Fold the flop. Your hand is barely worth a call as it is, and there is too much risk that it'll be raised behind you. About the only way this flop doesn't get raised is if everyone has flopped a flush. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck.
Eric