Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Alternative Proposal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like people prefer KKF's original flat payout structure to the top-heavy structure proposed by chuddo. Also, this eliminates the need for any of the escrowing that has people worried; people just settle up $2,000 at a time after each match.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent suggestion. Also, I think we should definitely use the .01/.02 NL tables on Stars. These would have two benefits.

1) There is no rake.

2) You are allowed to buy-in for $5 (250BBs). We can then either allow a 50BB rebuy each or just limit the matches to the 250BBs.

Using the .25/.50 NL tables on UB is just silly as they have offer no advantage over the Stars tables, there are less of them, and you can only buy-in for 100BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i say buy in for 5 bucks, and just limit it to 250. makes things a ton easier. holla
Old 11-28-2005, 06:57 PM

it's very very hard to get a .01/.02 hu table, they're full most of the time since ps only has 5 of them. As I write this, every table as 3/4 guys waiting
Old 11-28-2005, 06:58 PM

The stars .01/.02 is a good idea especially with the 250 max bb buyin. We should jsut have one buyin 250 max and this will prevent any confusion as to how many times someone can rebuy, when they can rebuy, etc...
Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Added thoughts that have already been discussed:

Each round shoudl be a week, so that the two people can pick a time that is convenient for both to play their hu match. So if we have 32+ people I could see this thing taking weeks to complete.

I still stand by the idea of 'regions' and one person escrowing all money, but that's up to everyone.

How did they set up the HULA tournies we should just mimick their set up.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's very very hard to get a .01/.02 hu table, they're full most of the time since ps only has 5 of them. As I write this, every table as 3/4 guys waiting

[/ QUOTE ]

i would imagine if we contacted stars they would help us set something up. also, if we REALLY need to, we can kinda take over one of the stars tables, and just sit out or whatever. i suppose that could work. holla
Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would imagine if we contacted stars they would help us set something up. also, if we REALLY need to, we can kinda take over one of the stars tables, and just sit out or whatever. i suppose that could work. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
These have both been addressed previously in this thread. Both are not likely to be good solutions. Stars is a big pain in the ass. You cannot get tables. It sucked for the SSNL one (which apparently died? I'm not sure.) Best solution is UB play money for sure or UB real money second best. Another problem with the Stars tables was also mentioned. Someone lost a match because they left out the zero and bet 80c instead of 8c or whatever. That would really really suck for over a grand.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:13 PM

decimal points in bets suck! holla!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:30 PM

at the stars .01/.02 you could also pull the rebuy trick to get your stack up to any amount of bb you wish.

it can be very tough to get the seats though, and there is rake in ther 'big' pots

Marnix
Old 11-28-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: MHNL Heads-Up Invitational I - Registration

The correct price to run this tournamnet is $0. Thanks and appreciation should be enough. Treat this like you would a home card game for your friends.

With regards to the holding the money, I think Zee/Malmuth would be the best choise. If they can't/won't, then I think it has to be El Diablo. More important than the resect he garners, he seems to have had the most face to face interaction with a wide group of posters. If he were to disappear, I think he would be the easiest to track down and "persuade" to give us our money.

The best way to get this thing going will be to focus on the issues one at a time. Each issue should have it's own thread. Unless you figure out who is going to hold the money and how are people going to get it to/from him/her, this thing will never happen, so start there.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
decimal points in bets suck! holla!

[/ QUOTE ]

hm. yea. i agree. would be nice if we could do the play money thing that conveniently has 5-10 blinds or something and lets u buyin for 3000 chips. somehow i dont think thats gonna happen tho. holla