Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 04:22 AM

Default incredible turn of events

so help me god its true...at my monday night poker game players(a lot of bm's by trade)often offer in game lines for football and baseball. when the series line on st.louis was offered at 150-1(ninth inning one out hou leads 4-2)i tossed over a green chip. it gets better. two outs,same prop offered at 1000-1,another green chip from me.i now find my $50 investment freerolling for $28,750!! id love to hear some opinions on how to hedge and guarantee my maximum profit.thanks.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: incredible turn of events

that's crazy. are you confident they'll pay out the ~$30k?

Personally, thats a lot of money for me on this outcome, and its most likely not going to happen. I'd hedge a lot of this, so that you're guaranteed to win $10k - $15k either way.

The Astros are +145 on the moneyline for tonight on Bodog. I'd put $5k on Houston tonight to win $7250 if they win it tonight. Momentum is behind St. Louis right now, and I really imagine they take this game rolling back home, but it would be nice to hit at least a $7k payday or so if the Astros do pull it out.

Rocket is pitching game seven I believe, so I really imagine the Astros win game seven if they're going to win at all. I'd then be prepared to put about $10k on the Astros to win game seven, so you've got a solid ~$10k profit either way. But that's just me.

If you can find a straight bet on the Astros to win the series, you might want to take that. But none of the sites I book with are offering any series bets that i can find.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:36 PM

bump...

i'd like to hear what you ended up doing?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:52 PM

Likewise - hopefully you took my advice and hit a $7200 profit from your two green chips...

if so, let me know and i'd be happy to give you my address if you feel the need to send me $20 or something [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The Astros are +145 on the moneyline for tonight on Bodog. I'd put $5k on Houston tonight to win $7250 if they win it tonight. Momentum is behind St. Louis right now, and I really imagine they take this game rolling back home, but it would be nice to hit at least a $7k payday or so if the Astros do pull it out.

[/ QUOTE ]