Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Commerce 3/6 hand

live 3/6 hand at commerce. Hero raises AsAh, loose bad fish CO calls, tightpreflop bad postflop calling station Button calls and angry/passive BB calls.

flop comes Ts 2h 2d. BB bets out, hero raises, CO and Button calls.

Turn is Tc. All check.

Flop is Td. BB glares at hero and bets out again. Hero thinks just calls, CO calls and Button calls.

My thinking in this hand on the river is that I probably have the best hand but I can get CO/Button to overcall with hands even as weak as A high. Does anyone disagree and raise here? And does anyone bet the turn?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Commerce 3/6 hand

I've been bet/folding the turn a lot, with your table layout I might overcall but usually I don't get both to overcall, and raising gets me a guaranteed 1 bet and a possible coldcall behind me.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:42 PM

am i missing something here? there's a full house on the board. if nobody has a ten, you're all getting your money back minus the rake. is the river a misprint?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i missing something here? there's a full house on the board. if nobody has a ten, you're all getting your money back minus the rake. is the river a misprint?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... look again, hero has the 3rd nuts.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:46 PM

as usual, i'm an idiot......i couldn't see the forest for the trees
Old 08-16-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep:

[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises AsAh . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, at the local 3/6 watering hole, I would bet the turn - this would depend on whether I thought the 'angry bad' bb was capable of playing a c/r into a potential overpair, obviously.

If the players behind you are as bad as you say, they very well may call two on the river, especially with a made hand on the board, and even assuming both come along, only one needs to call to get back to 'even' on the raise - worth consideration, but YMMV.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:53 PM

The more i think about this, the more confused i get.

Preflop and flop are standard.

What would an "angry/passive" BB bet here on the flop? I would expect a reasonable player to bet a T, 2, or PP (to try and see if you have a big pair or overcards).

If he has a T or 2, villain's turn check looks like a missed check-raise. If he has a PP, he's checking a worse hand. There are no draws on this board, so i'm not worried about trying to knock CO and Button out of the pot, and a bet would be for value. But getting check-raised would suck. I am officially uncertain.

The river glare and bet could be that he's angry because he missed his check-raise, or it could be that he's angry because with your check behind he's convinced you have only overcards and he missed a bet with his PP. Given all the uncertainty, i think just calling and hoping for overcalls is a good line here.

I would really like to hear others' opinions about this.