Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Kansas city poker

Is it just me or is Capri really weak, selection wise, compared to Harrahs? I went on a Saturday night and Harrahs was packed - like 15 tables and I had to wait an hour, while I wander in to Capri on a Friday and the place is desolate, 2 tables full of degenerate 4/8 gamblers.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:15 PM

It's not just you. The isle is a steaming-pink mound of [censored].
Old 10-11-2005, 01:29 PM

I know, I know, variance and all, but I have yet to have a losing session playing 3/6 at ameristar. I've had some bigger wins than others, but it is a loosey goosey game that seems to be incredibly easy to beat.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I am planning a trip to KC this weekend and will be there from Fri to Sun. When are the tables at their weakest? I may only get out to one session.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Aren't Friday and Saturday evenings (esp Saturdays) when the weakest players congregate? That's definitely true in Oklahoma and seemed to hold true in KC, although I've only been once.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know, I know, variance and all, but I have yet to have a losing session playing 3/6 at ameristar. I've had some bigger wins than others, but it is a loosey goosey game that seems to be incredibly easy to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you imagine if drinks were free? Although I can't imagine a lot of those people being any drunker.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the Ameristar games are exceptional - we stopped by after a wedding last weekend, and even in my horrific state I wasn't close to the worst (or drunkest) player at the table. That bodes well for the KC crowd, for sure.

For what it's worth, Ameristar had multiple 3/6 kill tables even from 2am to 6am on friday, although they started breaking/combining after 5. They also had some stud tables going, although they didn't look at all appealing.