Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Weird AA play - brilliant or stupid?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

BB ($62)
UTG ($153.04)
MP ($139.2)
Button (Villian) ($46.75)
Hero ($122.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (Villian) raises to $46.75 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $46.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds.

Flop: ($96) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: ($96) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($96) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $96

I figure there's no way to get away from this as he played it with my cowboys. Regardless, in this low of stakes (Party NL50) this call will pay off alot more than not. Just thought it was an interesting hand, certainly didn't expect him to turn over bullets. Maybe he put me (yet to act) on KK? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Weird AA play - brilliant or stupid?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he put me (yet to act) on KK?

[/ QUOTE ]
The truth may shock you

Against a 'good' player I generally fold to push like this.
In this case you did the right thing imo.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The truth may shock you

Against a 'good' player I generally fold to push like this.
In this case you did the right thing imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing other players cards can't be true, if it is online poker as we know it wouldn't exist - the NL2000 tables would be filled with kids winning every single hand they played.

A little background on the Villian - he's pretty LAG and erratic, I think he was tilted when he made this play, however he had just showed up at this table a couple hands earlier (I saw him on other tables though). There are a select few people I would fold to a push like this (at these stakes), but they are few and far between (but multi-tabling everywhere! heh).
Old 06-15-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seeing other players cards can't be true, if it is online poker as we know it wouldn't exist - the NL2000 tables would be filled with kids winning every single hand they played.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he just posted that as a joke.

as for the hand, i'm calling this push everyday of the week and twice on sundays.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The truth may shock you

[/ QUOTE ]

Can this possibly be true? Probably a dumb question but...
Old 06-15-2005, 10:50 AM

Its too bad you have to pay $50 to read their book. I'm curious what they say.

Clearly the 'seeing your opponents cards' is BS. But they must be peddling something, even if its complete horse manure.

I picture it saying, "If you want to make $1000s on the internet, sell quick rich schemes like 'cheat at poker' for $50 a pop and rake in the cash."

Regarding the hand: If someone isn't on the 'short-stack-I-just-lost-90%-of-my-stack-tilt... lately I've been seeing the AA/KK move of honor a lot lately. (If someone's going all in every other hand preflop, then no... but if someone just suddenly goes all in... its AA or KK.)

Matter of fact, I will say (I play Party $50 tables) every single time that I can recall lately either being reraised or having someone open all-in (again, who was a supershort stack on tilt), they've had aces.

If someone's not doing this all the time, I don't mind folding the kings.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its too bad you have to pay $50 to read their book. I'm curious what they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why scams work. I love it.