Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Implied odds question

How big of a stack does a villain have to have before you would call preflop raises with suited connectors both in position and out of position?

Also, what are the odds of hitting 2pair or better or a big draw on the flop with a suited connector?

In this hand i miss out on $13 because i didnt think button's $7 stack was enough implied odds to play a pot being out of position against him and the SB maniac.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($7.15)
SB ($6.45)
Hero ($13.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.55</font>, SB calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero folds.

Flop: ($1.30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $5.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6.5</font>, Button calls $0.

Turn: ($13) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($13) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $13

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has Ad Kd (two pair, aces and sixes).
SB has 9s As (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: Button wins $13. </font>
Old 12-11-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Implied odds question

In that situation raising might be better if you are first in, but I think I just muck. SC like big multiway pots. Button and SB dont have great implied odds stacks there, so a fold is in order.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Implied odds question

I'm not sure what the exact odds are here, but I think you could call preflop here. The good thing about SCs is that they're easier to get away from if you don't hit the flop. In this case, you know it won't get reraised because you are last to act. This is a personal judgement call I think. Depends if you are able to lay down bottom pair to a flop bet, because you don't want to get sucked in drawing to five outs. I think the implied odds here are decent. You've got two players with about 70BB each in the pot. They aren't really that short stacked.

Something else to think about, as someone on here once said, if you limp planning to call a raise, you're betting off raising yourself.