Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 09:19 PM

Default LSD or heroin?

My friends and I were talking about drugs the other day and I was wondering what the OOT's take is on this senario.

The situation is as follows: You have a choice between doing one hit of LSD of one dose of heroin (shooting up with a needle, not smoking). Based only on long term consequences which do you choose?

Heroin has seemingly no long term effects from a single dose, however LSD stays in you spinal fluid and brain forever. I picked heroin because the only downside is possible addiction (plus I've heard its supposed to kick ass). My friends told me that shooting up one time with heroin will get you hopelessly addicted. I shrugged this off as scare stories from the anti drug crowd.

What do you guys think? LSD or Heroin. Also is Heroin really that addictive?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: LSD or heroin?

LSD is fun
Old 10-22-2005, 09:24 PM

I don't know if one hit will get you hooked, but herion is the most addictive recreational drug.

i pick acid, and it's not even close (i'd been wanting to try it anyway, but even if i wasn't, i'd pick it)
Old 10-22-2005, 09:31 PM

Acid really isnt that big of a deal. Just one typical tab wouldnt even be as good or fun as taking an 8th of shrooms.

Make it crystal meth vs. heroin and then you've got yourself a decision to make.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:32 PM

I've read a few heroin addicts, William Burroughs among them, who say giving up nicotine is way harder than giving up heroin.

Where do you get the idea or info that LSD stays in your brain and spinal column forever? I've never heard that one, and it doesn't sound likely.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:39 PM

LSD does not stay in your body forever; this is flat-out false. Nor does it damage your chromosones. There is no measurable long-term physical consequence from one hit of LSD.

It could have long-term psychological effects, but so could any intense life experience. Sometimes it can trigger pre-existing but latent issues.

Mainlining any drug is more dangerous, since any impurities are also taken more directly. But since this is a hypothetical, we can assume both drugs are known pure.

Heroin is more addictive physically and mentally, but hardly to the point that one dose hooks you for life. In fact cigarettes are far more addictive statistically.

So, I'd probably say heroin because that's the one I haven't tried yet :-)

Like every other drug question, your research should start with http://www.erowid.org .

To repeat, the LSD-in-the-spine thing is pure myth. Not that I necessarily endorse it, but we should get the facts right before forming opinions.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To repeat, the LSD-in-the-spine thing is pure myth. Not that I necessarily endorse it, but we should get the facts right before forming opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the stories about acid flashbacks are not true either?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

acid flashbacks are true, the spine thing is not
Old 10-22-2005, 09:44 PM

The one does not imply the other.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are a psychological rather than physical phenomenon, but yes they do happen.