Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: DPing is out of control on Party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I'm normally against naming players, this is an obvious exception. I've reported 2 in the last 48 hours on the 10/20's for blatant disconnects. The first was only for $450 but the 2nd one got away with disconnecting on a 4k push on the river with Ah on a board with 4 hearts 4 handed when I had a SF so I was PISSED about that one, of course Party did nothing, not enough evidence blah, blah, blah. So if anyone puts a letter together, I'd love to include those.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel stupid asking this...but can someone explain why Villain would want to disconnect with the A-high flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

he pushed 4k with 4 to a straight flush on board and the guy already has the Ah so he must've been very scared of the sflush .
Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM

Actually sort of an amazing read on his part to realize he might actually be in trouble, flop was 7h8h9h, I had 10hJh for the flopped straight flush. River comes Kh then when I put him all in after his reraise, he disconnects.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:01 PM

i agree that party should do more to stop cheating disconnectors, but removing all disconnect protection is going to far in my opinion.

i have been disconnected many times due to party's buggy software (can't seem to find anything wrong with my comp.), several times with top set on rainbow flop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

point being, don't punish all due to the actions of a few bad apples.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:04 PM

lately all of my attempts have gotten DP banned and emails have been speedy... dunno.. play no dp, i guess... really should just get two internet conenction if you arent on the road.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:06 PM

i wouldnt say that it was an amazing read, two posters on here have been in similar hands in the past month and the correct laydown was made each time.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 AM

u mean party replies stating they have removed dp....i strongly suspect this is different from actually removing dp.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 AM

Is it really that bad? I've played about 65-70k hands at 5/10 6 max and can only remember 2 instances of blatant D/C's. About half of these hands were before the 'No DP' tables came out. After that, I just chose the tables with the best games completely ignoring whether they had DP or not. Haven't really had any problems w/ D/C'ers. How frequently do you think people have D/C'ed on you?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really that bad? I've played about 65-70k hands at 5/10 6 max and can only remember 2 instances of blatant D/C's. About half of these hands were before the 'No DP' tables came out. After that, I just chose the tables with the best games completely ignoring whether they had DP or not. Haven't really had any problems w/ D/C'ers. How frequently do you think people have D/C'ed on you?

[/ QUOTE ]

7-8 times in the past week., including twice by players who had already had their DP taken away supposedly. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

before this streak of cheating, it was about 3 times in 3-4 months.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:17 AM

I've had several instances of horrific disconnect abuse in the past month also. I'd say I average 1 a week in the 1k and 2k. This is actually much better than it was at lower limits, where it happened at least twice that often.

Unfortunately, I have had limited success with Party also. I was actually on the phone with their customer service the other day for about an hour trying to talk to a supervisor, but they refused my request.

I don't think all attempts are futile, though. Everyone should continue to e-mail with regular frequency and strong language. Mention how many thousands of dollars in rake you generate for them each year. Ask why they wouldn't want to protect one of their best customers? Regardless of whether they're listening, they will hear the beating of angry drums. Also, if you see someone else get screwed by a disconnect, encourage that person to send an e-mail. Encourage everyone at the table to send an e-mail. This battle is won with numbers.

Since Party is publicly traded now, there is another route available, and that is to completely trash their disconnect policy and customer service in a public forum, like a major financial newspaper, particularly one in London. If we could figure out some way to publish a letter to the editor (signed by a bunch of high-volume players), Party would have no choice but to take notice. This would obviously be easier if we had a connection with a big paper, but it's possible we can bang it out the old-fashioned way by writing something, shotgunning it out to 10 papers, and seeing whether we hit anything.

That's a lot of effort and I don't have the time for it, but if there is some bored, frustrated soul out there who wants to take the reigns, it has a lot of promise.

Justin D.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:49 PM

I am in total agreement regarding Party's failure to address their problems with disconnects and disconnect protection.

We live in a market based economy and Party is not going to take any action that will hurt their bottom line. They are obviously reluctant to run off any player and have a reluctance to spend any money addressing the situation.

Party would respond in a more favorable manner to a threat to their bottom line, such as players leaving Party to go to a site that is more consumer friendly.

Although the 2+2'ers could leave enmasse that would still leave a lot of fish, and who can resist such a well stocked fishing hole?

Sorry I don't have any answers!