Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Fight night at the Wynn...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lets not split hairs here. big black NBA players are naturally prone to violence. you'll never see David Robinson, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, or Grant Hill pull off any of that crazy sh1t.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Karl Malone is a dirty player, known for throwing elbows, which is violent behavior.

Michael Jordan reportedly punched Toni Kukoc in the eye, nearly kicked Craig Ehlo in the head when hitting the game winning shot, and I think there were reports of domestic violence.

Who knows what the others have done behind closed doors. But Jordan and Malone have a history of violence, just like all black men(I assume).
Old 09-09-2005, 06:04 AM

Why does it have to be the NAACP? Why can't it just be the ACLU?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How dare he not remember the name of some guy he isn't familiar with and/or hasn't met before.

I played a tournament at the Palms and a couple guys were talking to the guy next to me and were all "wow...you're Boston Rob."
After I busted-out somebody else told me "you know you were sitting next to Boston Rob , right?"
I said "Ummm...yeah. Those guys mentioned that. Am I supposed to know who the f'ck 'Boston Rob ' is?"

Was I wrong for not knowing who the hell this guy was just because I never watch survivor?

FWIW - Lots of athletes are used to being 'kinda/sorta' recognized even if they can't place EXACTLY who they are.

For those athletes who womanize...do you think every girl they sleep with reads the sports-page and knows the stats and scores?
more like "Oh....so you play for the Giants? Are you any good?"

Unless you're Kobe or Michael or Peyton Manning or something it's not like most athletes are THAT recognizeable out in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-09-2005, 12:46 PM

Thread has been locked b/c it's gotten way off topic and seems to be more about race and crime statistics. I'd throw it in OOT but it would get kicked out of there for having poker content. I see this as a thread that's gone off course. If you'd like to start a thread about race/sociology/crime/American hypocrisy/medieval torture in OOT please do so.
Closed Thread