Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Fight night at the Wynn...

[ QUOTE ]
Was the heat player Lamar Odom? I was in Vegas this weekend and am pretty sure I saw him at Mandalay

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't watch the NBA much do you, to have missed the trade of the decade?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaq would have given the guy a beat-down.

[/ QUOTE ]
That or make an arrest.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember, Miami is a huge, black professional athlete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me.

Is it absolutely necessary that you tell us he's black? Does the fact that he is black make him more volatile? It's also interesting to find out that black people don't have names either! I wasn't aware of that fact. I guess my name is California, and I should probably get it branded on the bottom of my hoof, because us black folk don't have feet like normal humans do. lol.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to the latest annual report on murder by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, most inter-racial murders involve black assailants and white victims, with blacks murdering whites at 18 times the rate that whites murder blacks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming the same applies to a sober poker player beating on a drunken obnoxious poker player.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:21 PM

i am more interested in a guy CALLING down a 800$ river bet with 9 high.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:40 PM

How dare he not remember the name of some guy he isn't familiar with and/or hasn't met before.

I played a tournament at the Palms and a couple guys were talking to the guy next to me and were all "wow...you're Boston Joe."
After I busted-out somebody else told me "you know you were sitting next to Boston Joe, right?"
I said "Ummm...yeah. Those guys mentioned that. Am I supposed to know who the f'ck 'Boston Joe' is?"

Was I wrong for not knowing who the hell this guy was just because I never watch survivor?

FWIW - Lots of athletes are used to being 'kinda/sorta' recognized even if they can't place EXACTLY who they are.

For those athletes who womanize...do you think every girl they sleep with reads the sports-page and knows the stats and scores?
more like "Oh....so you play for the Giants? Are you any good?"

Unless you're Kobe or Michael or Peyton Manning or something it's not like most athletes are THAT recognizeable out in public.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:47 PM

Maybe I took it too far, but his post upset me.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:56 PM

He never specified the drunkard was white. Thusly, this shouldnt be limited to interracial murders of black males and white males. Why dont you post the murder rate regardless of the victims race.

Also, there are certain social factors at play here. Due to gang violence, poverty, drugs, etc., there may be a higher number of black men commiting crimes(or just getting caught and not getting awa with it, OR being falsely accused and convicted in a biased court system) than whites, but that still doesnt prove that black men have shorter tempers than white men, all things equal.

So basically, I fail to see the point your post was trying to prove.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:57 PM

What gang violence, poverty, and drugs have to do with it I'm not sure.

You're saying that the 18 to 1 ratio is because of blacks in poverty killing....rich? whites? Blacks from gangs killing whites not involved in gangs whatsoever? I would think most of the crimes involved in that number were of their "peers", i.e. involved in the same culture/neighborhood/lifestyle

And as OP made a point of saying one person involved was "black" it was assumed other parties were "not black"

I'm not a bigot by the way, not to start a flame war.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I come in this morning around 4 a.m. and get seated in what the floor says is a juicy 5/10 NL game. One guy is drunk off his ass and being belligerant. He is swearing and yelling at people along with slowing the game down greatly. Another player was a nice guy that plays for the Miami Heat, but didn't know anything about poker. Here's an idea of the action:

Drunk makes it $100 and there are 3 callers including Miami. On flop, drunk bets $400 and Miami calls. Turn, drunk bets $800 and Miami calls. River, drunk bets $800 and Miami calls. Drunk says show me your pair, I got nothing, you win. Miami said he didn't have anything either. Miami turns over 9 high and drunk turns over K high for the takedown.

A couple hours later, after drunk keeps lighting cigs at the table, the guy next to me starts talking back to him. Drunk gets up like he is really pissed off and goes over to my neighbor and puts up his dukes. As he is about to throw a punch, neighbor gets up and swings into drunk where drunk goes flying 5 feet into the table next to us. Drunk starts falling all over the place, twirling, and throwing punches. Meanwhile, Miami gets up to watch and drunk falls into him ripping his shirt. Remember, Miami is a huge, black professional athlete. Than drunk steps on one of the female players foot ruining her peticure before the guards finally get to him. It was fun stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Standard.
Closed Thread