Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Default What to do with the old A7o...

I decided to sign onto Bodog today, but had short funds in my netteller, so only deposited $100. Played some micro NL games for fun. .5c/.10c Blind NLHE $10 buyin. First hand I post in MP, limpfest, and I go all in for $10. It's folded around. Limped to me again on 2nd hand, I get A7o, is a push worthwhile at this stake? Will I get called by Kx as off as Ax along with baby pairs? Mathematical response please.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: What to do with the old A7o...

i feel as if this question is worthless.

someone correct me if i'm wrong? maybe the no limit forum would be better? But as long as you're asking i'm wondering about K5s from MP2 w/ 2 limpers, can that be profitable? math responses, por favor.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:34 PM

You should checkout the NL-Small Stakes forum for the best advice, but I'm pretty sure theyre gonna tell you that pushing w/ A7o isn't cool
Old 08-30-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to sign onto Bodog today, but had short funds in my netteller, so only deposited $100. Played some micro NL games for fun. .5c/.10c Blind NLHE $10 buyin. First hand I post in MP, limpfest, and I go all in for $10. It's folded around. Limped to me again on 2nd hand, I get A7o, is a push worthwhile at this stake? Will I get called by Kx as off as Ax along with baby pairs? Mathematical response please.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are risking 10x the pot while your whole stack, mathematically it's usually wrong to push with stuff like A7. Just do the math

% time you everyone folds * money won (say X)
% time you are called and win * money won (Y)
% time you are called and lose * money lost (Z)

You want (X + Y) > Z.

There, I did some math. Offcourse the hard part is figuring out 1) how often they call 2) what range of hands they will call with 3) your equity against their range (hard if you don't use equal weightings for each hand)

But this type of play is more useful in tournaments, you are better off just avoiding them in deep stacked cash games.