Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Results

Well, I wish people would tell me how to proceed on the turn if I flat call the flop with the three of us seeing the turn. Anyway, thanks for the responses so far. Here are the results.

I folded, and later he told me he had 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I guess the point of the post was me having hindsight bias and realizing I lost a lot of money that I didn't need to. I was looking for a better line. That is why I should of stopped at $200 to go my action.

So...

Hero calls the $200 and let's say BB calls another $120. Three of us see the turn ($725). Do I get aggressive and raise on any non-threatening card? Do I try and keep it cheap and just check/call to the river? For all I know villain could still have the nuts strait or bigger set and BB could have 2 pair that could catch up or a strait.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Wynn 5/10 NL Deepstacks

Hey tech,

That's basicly what I was saying also. I've been at the Wynn since it opened and it's amazing how good this game was before the series started. It turned to crap after. I played again a little last night and it is already softening up a little bit. I really hope the game goes back to what it was.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:21 PM

i may have been the youngish kid with the short stack...i played on friday and saturday night. i think i'll practice better game selection, but i played at the wynn for the poker rate on the rooms.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:47 PM

what time was this hand? i was in this game every night for 12+ hours during the series. who was the villain?

i thought it actually got a lot better over the ME week.

this is an easy fold (for folding a set on the flop that is...) though. i dont like the flop raise either. especially if you know the villian prolly doesnt have 55, 66 given his style.

i would like to know what the villain looked like, but i only played against one player that i would classify as a serial limp-raiser in that game. the flop play sounds like this guy. but if it was this guy it was probably a bad fold and a worse raise. if he bet out on the flop and you called he'd only fire again on the turn if he had you beat.

so?

whatd the villain look like?