Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Good Luck 2005 WSOP Pros

I've read Most of Sklankys's books (including his book on theory of poker). Also Tom and TJ's books on Tourny Poker. Plus a few other Internet poker books. Its seems that they all have one thing in common. Instead of fearing the good poker player, fear the BAD PLAYER and let me tell you I do.

I have heard Brunson say it and Farha say it. "I can beat the good players, but I have no idea what the bad players are doing." And with the influx of all the Poker sites sending these idiots to the WSOP (Pokerstars alone is sending probably at least a 1000 of them and their not the biggest site on the net, can you imagine how many the other ones are sending). I feel sorry for VEGAS that weekend.

I cringe anymore if I get Pocket As and I'm not the one going all in before the flop, usually its a Q 9 os and I have 5 callers along with me. And they out draw ya every time, because there's so many of them calling. And if you luck out and beat one of them, you got another batch of them raising you all the way the next hand. Alot of these books I read call these players maniacs, but what these books don't realize is their everywhere now.

You know you can usually get out of the way of one buffalo, but when a whole heard of them comes at ya, your usually in trouble (unless you have a helicopter, lol).

If any of you know a book out there, that knows how to beat tables full of them, I would sure appreciate them advising me of it. I'm starting think there's a book out there advising them on how to play like a maniac and win.

I would like to get other peoples opinion of the influx of the maniacs out there. Now if your just gonna browbeat me, don't reply please. I not talking about one maniac, I'm talking about the overrun of maniacs out there.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Good Luck 2005 WSOP Pros

I hope I bust Brunson's AA w/ Q9 at the world series. That'd probably get me on TV!

I feel ya.. I hate getting my money in with the best of it. Why can't Party tourneys have top notch competition that will never get in with the worst of it?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:45 AM

Worst. First Post. Ever.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:52 AM

You can't beat a table full of maniacs because you are not good at poker.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:05 AM

Funny, the last two people to win the WSOP are those "idiots" that PokerStars sends!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:07 AM

You are what is wrong with Poker. Go away.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Why would you assume that anyone that wins their seat online (Pokerstars especially) is an idiot?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are what is wrong with Poker. Go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he's what we love about poker...he knows just enough to be dangerous to himself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regardless of what pros might say in moments of frustration, they enjoy the large piles of money that having thousands of bad players in the WSOP makes them. Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:51 AM

Go back to RGP, Orange. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Mark Seif has a 2005 Gold Bracelet this year from limit (chalk one up for the pros)