Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Stars 500k QQ hand.. ummm

I think by leading the flop you would know exactly where you stand. A bet of 275 or so looks about good.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:16 PM

It looks like he has AJ-AK. You should've either bet the flop or check-raised instead of checking and calling. Your queens are extremely vulnerable if you aren't already beaten. His flop bet just looks like a standard AK continuation bet to me.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as for betting the river? i duno i didnt wanna check fold, but i could have i guess.. why i bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

for value

[ QUOTE ]
funny little outcome was that i bet 500 on the end, he called, and i won the pot. he had 77. yea, whatever. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

its because you are a poker god. holla
Old 10-02-2005, 09:38 PM

I c/r all in on the turn personally. His bet screams weakness.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 PM

what was the player like???? was he a solid player? had he reraised anyone prior to this? standard reraising hands.... AA,KK,QQ u can discount this one prob,AK, and JJ maybe. It's early in the tournament you have 90 invested in the hand, you know your up against a good hand. Your not losing a lot of value folding here. Especially since its early in the tournament nobody is gonna mess around with shady hands like medium pairs etc... UNLESS he comes off as a maniac which it sounds like he isn't. My play would be fold pre-flop since your in no need to make a move and can pick a better spot later on. However, when the flop brings a T and a J (now even TT beats you) your only ahead of AK. So i would have folded here probably just because you won't get someone to fold KK or AA and certainly not JJ or TT and your only a 2 to 1 favorite against AK. I like the idea of leading the turn because you could prob get AK to fold and all the other hands would raise. However, I wouldn't want to commit that many chips for a situation like this and thats why I like folding pre-flop. And definitely on the flop if you do decide to call hoping to flop a set (not to flop an overpair).
Old 10-02-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what was the player like???? was he a solid player? had he reraised anyone prior to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the time..the tourney had been going on for 6 minutes.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:06 AM

I would probably be checkraising the flop.

I know a lot of minraising hands are now ahead of you yadda yadda, but the turn is definitely not going to do anything but put you out of position facing another bet now knowing where you're at, and maybe even facing an A or K turn card as well. I mean there is nothing that can happen on the turn (if you check/call the flop) that gives you a better idea of how to play this hand.

I'd repop the flop to 800 ish. Whatever stupid minraise-footsy game he's playing is going to end, and he's going to start playing his cards and showing you their value.

I feel like if you lead the flop for anything reasonable he's likely to minraise you and leave you guessing again. I dont hate leading and reraising a minraise, since I really like my odds of being ahead here, but I think a checkraise, even though it defines your hand, makes him define his and keeps you out of greater trouble in this already vulnerable situation.

If you called the flop I'd be checkraising or leading the turn. I definitely hate betting the river since you're effectively blufffing. OK you ran into the one guy in 20 who's playing 77 and calling you, but I don't think that's what you were aiming for when you bet.

Weird hand, I agree. One of those times where you gotta just represent your cards. He's highly unlikely to be the type to be able to read them properly anyway.

Everett
Old 10-03-2005, 12:20 AM

Default proposing a question to check raising to 800ish on the flop..

do you call a shove after making it 800 on the flop? if yes, explain why. is the argument on that to be oh yer beat he shoved fold. i duno im not sure what yall are saying. if i check raised the flop, i fully intended to fold to a shove. holla
Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: proposing a question to check raising to 800ish on the flop..

Why would you call a shove if you checkraise? Every part of the hand screams he has JJ, KK, AA or possibly TT. If he shove its an easy fold. If he calls and the turn blanks, you have a trickier decision but I still think I checkfold.

Other than that, I probably checkfold or betfold the flop. Checkfolding is not bad at all, I don't care if he had 77 this time.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:23 AM

Default another thought..

would anyone else in the world be crazy enough to check fold this flop? cuz it was a strong consideration. holla