Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: 215 blind battle.. what do YOU do?

hey citamod

is it a regular (most common) betting pattern of 215ers to miniraise pf and mini reraise a flop raise? i just see this a bunch at the lower levels so i just associated it with the 22 level. i guess i meant to say that the villain played bet his hand like a 22er (for this hand) but if he bets all his hands this way it obviously changes things. i guess im just not big on the mini betting/raising - is it something i should incorporate into my game? my other post was worded incorrectly, my mistake.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey citamod

is it a regular (most common) betting pattern of 215ers to miniraise pf and mini reraise a flop raise? i just see this a bunch at the lower levels so i just associated it with the 22 level. i guess i meant to say that the villain played bet his hand like a 22er (for this hand) but if he bets all his hands this way it obviously changes things. i guess im just not big on the mini betting/raising - is it something i should incorporate into my game? my other post was worded incorrectly, my mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) he didn't "miniraise" he raised to 125 out of the small blind at 25/50.
2) let's go over the play for a second, as people seem to be getting confused i think

he raised preflop and got called.

the flop came.

he bet.

his bet was 200 in to a pot of 250.

his opponent raised.

his opponent raised 325 more, making it 325 to call, with 975 in the pot, and just about 975 behind.

it was then his turn to act again.

he thought.

his thought went:

i have this guy beat.

what's the thing i can do that will get the most chips on average out of him.

he made a decision about what that line was.

then he did it.

at several points in this analysis, the average 22s player comes to different decisions than the average 215s player. and sometimes either player will come up with the same line, with the same hand.

sometimes, they'll push over the flop raise, both of them.

more likely though to be the difference is the "i have him beat" being correct in one spot and incorrect in the other.

c
Old 11-29-2005, 05:42 PM

interesting. thanks for letting me milk a good lesson out of you citamod [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. ill stop responding to threads after ive been awake for a day.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

one of my good friends is buying a million dollar house in vegas. hes moving in march. he wants me to go with him. i may just do that, and spend the summer there, and possibly not return. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo-effin-yah!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:34 PM

why are you so confident that he has you beat after the min-re-raise? if he knows you, might he not expand his min-re-raising range to include 78, flush draws, hands like J9, perhaps even hands like AcJd?

in general i think that's a tough spot cos on the one hand a lot of turns are bad for your hand, but on the other hand a raise on the flop really looks like a bluff since it should be obvious to him that you're likely to think that he missed the flop. i think on the whole i agree with irie that a call is better...u figure to have a lot of real+bluff outs if you're behind, there's a fair chance you'll be re-raised by a worse hand if u raise now, and a Queen on the turn might get him to give u lots of chips with hands he would fold to the flop raise, or semibluff-reraise forcing u to fold.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont feel a flop raise is wrong at all. i found out exactly what i needed to... holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you had to spend 525 to find out? There was really no better option?

Ok, you have justified quitting school to all the yahoos on this forum. Going back appears to have hurt your intelligence.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

thats ok ill prolly quit again so i can start being smart once more. i think yer wrong btw. i think a raise is perfectly justified, and i feel it necessary to spend 525. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you're smart just transfer to a good school like Columbia or something, that way you can actually enjoy college cos there'll be plenty of people around who are as smart or smarter than you. even if you skip a lot of classes you'll still learn a lot in that setting. plus you'll be able to earn your tuition at my home game.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you so confident that he has you beat after the min-re-raise? if he knows you, might he not expand his min-re-raising range to include 78, flush draws, hands like J9, perhaps even hands like AcJd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are all within the "realm of possibility". However, the issue is more whether these occur enough to warrant a call or more. Raptor said he is beat 99.5% of the time here. Honestly, I don't think thats too far off given the PF raise and ~3/4 pot bet and minraise of a raise. sure, once in awhile someone will say "I am goin go rep a monster here from start to finish against the other bigstack, even if I go broke trying". Won't happen enough of the time though.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude you're smart just transfer to a good school like Columbia or something, that way you can actually enjoy college cos there'll be plenty of people around who are as smart or smarter than you. even if you skip a lot of classes you'll still learn a lot in that setting. plus you'll be able to earn your tuition at my home game

[/ QUOTE ]

OH [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] this ought to work out just great!...Hangout with a "F'ing terrorist" & skip a bunch of classes...Maybe get to be known as "SkipperRaptorSFB" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]