Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did the addition of the 75/150 blind level change the average length of time each 10+1 stt takes?
yes 25 71.43%
no 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: 109 interesting spot.. POLL TIME!!

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Gigabet [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] posted about liking to push from the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it from MP?

Meh...whatever, Gigabet plays in a different game IMO and will know the texture of the table when he does it.

Yugoslav
Old 10-08-2005, 05:11 AM

Default Re: 109 interesting spot.. POLL TIME!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You'd rather be in the CO than BTN for an open push? No way....only if I have a really big hand. This hand here isn't that really big hand.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason I said "kind of," is that it really depends on a few things. But I'm a pretty agressive player in these kind of spots, and I can't tell you how many times I'm been called down lately with all kinds of hands like this when I push from the button (in the 109s and 215s). And a lot of situations like this the small blind will fold something like KQ or A8 here more to me from a cutoff raise than a button raise. The main worry here is the big stack, and he has to have by far the tightest range of anyone in this hand. So overall I think whether or not it's better in a spot like this to raise from cutoff or button depends on your image and how sharp the other players are. And I completely disagree with you about having a "big hand." If I had a really big hand, I'd MUCH rather push from the button, because it's going to be interpretted way more often as a steal and will thus get called more.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that I think the brute math of having one more player to act makes a bigger impact than shifting your opponents calling ranges based on what position you push from at most tables you'll be at in this situation. This is where texture comes into play and I don't mind tweaking push ranges looser in the CO than in the BTN. But I need a damn good reason to think that the blinds are gonna donk off their chips to a BTN push rather than a CO push. And frankly, I think you need to get further off of the BTN for your position respect to start really choking your opponents' practical calling range.

Irie plays a bajillion more $109s than I ever have and so if he really thinks a min raise is gonna maximize profit here, then I'm all for it I guess. I'm not sure I'm making that play though b/c of too many wahoos pushing back at you.

Yugoslav