Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:40 PM

Default 2 hands. How\'s my line.

Villain is a standard 17/8/1,5 over like 250 hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

His cap got me worried so I will check/call the turn unless a K come.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

He checks behind. WTF? Attempt at a free card for a draw?

River: (8.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

I bet out putting him on a draw. Should I 3-bet it here or is my call good?

Final Pot: 12.75 BB.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21.00 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Chip spewing or good raise? I really liked it myself since I have outs baby and can expect a few overcalls here building a nice pot.

No reads btw, new table and all.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: 2 hands. How\'s my line.

I make it 3 on the river in hand #1. If he had big enough balls to check aces or kings on the turn well then good for him it worked out well.

I think the turn raise in hand #2 sucks. You will get 3-bet or donked here often IMO and there is no way i am folding on the turn. There is also no way either player folds a hand on the turn that beats you or has a better draw than you.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:58 PM

*grunch*

I like the first hand. The guy's playing kinda strangely, so I like the call on the river. Hard to pin down his hand.

On the second hand: with four players in the pot and two of them having shown aggression I'd say you queens are no good. I think calling is better than folding, but I don't like the raise.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:02 PM

*grunch*

hand #1
PF and FLOP - looks good to me.

TURN - free card play doesn't make sense - why cap the flop? Play suggests he just filled up (KK or TT maybe?)

RIVER - I think I check and call here. He's probably got the boat. Would be weird for him to have QJ given PF and flop action. Of course, he could be overplaying QQ or KQ (?)

Hand #2

PF - good

FLOP - think I fold here. Putting at least one of other players on spade draw, someone else has top pair at least (flopped straight?) Don't want to get sandwiched in a raising war with a backdoor flush draw that may not be good. Suppose you could catch a J...but the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] isn't a clean out.

TURN - hmmmmmm interesting raise. You may be up against a made hand already, and if the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is floating around, your flush out is no good. If they all call, I think that's exactly what you're up against, along with TP at least. Think I just call and see if I hit the flush.

ScottieK
Old 12-16-2005, 01:08 PM

Bad luck in hand 1. You played fine.

The turn raise in hand 2 is unnecessary.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:13 PM

Some thoughts about my turn raise. If I ever get beaten my the nut flush to my second nut flush, then so be it and my raise on the turn will tell me if anyone have the A of spades and I am closing the action on the river. Why am I still not regreting it?

Yea the flop call may be a somewhat hmmm.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:16 PM

*grunch*

Hand 1:
Me personally, if I'm new to the table and don't have any idea how villian plays or what his capping range is, I just call the river to see his cards and make a note. The play on the turn is really strange.

Hand 2:
Gutsy raise, I would probably have just called if I was playing. We are drawing to the second nut flush, but I don't think I want to see another Q come on the river in case SB has JJ. Good chance someone out there has AQ, one of them may be A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], so we gotta discount some outs there. Yeah, I think I would just call. Not sure if that's weak or not...
Old 12-16-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some thoughts about my turn raise. If I ever get beaten my the nut flush to my second nut flush, then so be it and my raise on the turn will tell me if anyone have the A of spades and I am closing the action on the river. Why am I still not regreting it?

Yea the flop call may be a somewhat hmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is if you think you need a straight or flush to win this hand you are drawing to 12 dirty outs and do not have the equity to be pumping a draw. Also the pot is big enough that you really need to be seeing a river card here so this is no time for a free showdown raise because you can't fold to a 3-bet.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:24 PM

*grunch*
Hand 1
PF, I don't cap with AKo.

Flop: When he caps the flop, I'm thinking AA or a big king. I agree about slowing down.

Turn: WTF? Free card play for the flush draw?

River: I think we're way ahead or way behind here.. but the turn has me confused. if he had AA I think he'd bet the turn, ditto for KK or TT. I call this, but just barely. I want to raise but I want to raise but I am not confident enough.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: WTF? Free card play for the flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

My gut told me like AQs.

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is if you think you need a straight or flush to win this hand you are drawing to 12 dirty outs and do not have the equity to be pumping a draw. Also the pot is big enough that you really need to be seeing a river card here so this is no time for a free showdown raise because you can't fold to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good explanation but im not going for a cheap showdown though. I just wanted to pump the pot up a bit since I thought I was doing pretty well.

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 22.3949 % 20.83% 01.57% { QcQs }
Hand 2: 32.0928 % 30.95% 01.14% { JJ+, AKs }
Hand 3: 23.1031 % 21.88% 01.23% { 77+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }
Hand 4: 22.4093 % 21.32% 01.09% { ATs, KQs, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, AJo-ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo }