Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2004, 01:13 AM

Default Somebody congratulate me!

I'm having my worst run ever. -133BB and counting. Did I mention that I hate poker? Yeah, I know, wah, wah.

Lucky for me I'm not planning on giving up my job, moving halfway across the country, and relying on poker to help pay some of the bills while I look for a job, huh?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Somebody congratulate me!

congratulations
Old 12-19-2004, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having my worst run ever. -133BB and counting. Did I mention that I hata poker?

Lucky for me I'm not planning on giving up my job, moving halfway across the country, and relying on poker to help pay some of the bills while I look for a job, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. I'll join you in hating poker. I've cleared $220 worth of bonuses in the last week, had a GREAT run at 3/6 early in the month, and yet over the course of December I'm... slightly in the red. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Poker hates us. Buy me a beer?
Old 12-19-2004, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
congratulations

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:20 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

in all seriousness, a lot of poker has to do with your mentality. from reading your posts, it really seems as if you just have no confidence in yourself. being humble in your abilities, as you are, is nice, but self deprication (moreso in other posts than this one) is a good way to put yourself in a mindset that will cause you to underperform. you play well. you just need to get that into you head

133 BB is rough, but we've all been there, and anyone who hasn't been there will go there, so stick it out. it'll turn around for you.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:20 AM

Congrats. I'm having a great month, gorging on hands to beat Tosh and hopefully buy myself A) a laptop, B) a new HDTV or C) a month off, depending on how I feel when the new year rolls around.

I had a -70BB swing in three hours yesterday that got erased in an hour. This too shall pass.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a great month

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your BB/100 for this month? How many hands? I only ask so I can determine what _you_ mean by "great." (Some may consider 2 BB/100 for 25,000 hands to be great, Astro might consider 4,372 BB/100 for 25,000 hands to be slightly better than mediocre, etc.)
Old 12-19-2004, 03:34 AM

What's your BB/100 for this month? How many hands? I only ask so I can determine what _you_ mean by "great." (Some may consider 2 BB/100 for 25,000 hands to be great, Astro might consider 4,372 BB/100 for 25,000 hands to be slightly better than mediocre, etc.)

I mean, I'm enjoying playing poker and winning at a rate that I feel is commensurate to my skills over a great many hands.

It's not that I don't know who you are. It's that, even if I knew who you were, I wouldn't give a f[/b]uck.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, I'm enjoying playing poker and winning at a rate that I feel is commensurate to my skills over a great many hands.

It's not that I don't know who you are. It's that, even if I knew who you were, I wouldn't give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't care about the numbers? You only care that you're playing to your potential?

I have trouble believing that. My Asperger's Syndrome must be kicking in again. I see your Tourette's Syndrome is back in action. (Incidentally, I thought 2+2 had a filter....)
Old 12-19-2004, 03:48 AM

Congrats, Milo.

Oh, and I love the name. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]