Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Muslim Immigrants: Importing Terrorists?

From Washinton Post, Robin Wright Story

Pew Global Attitude project
Percentages represent:
(1) Confidence in Osamam Bin Laden
(2) Supports suicide bombings and other violent methods to further Islam

Jordan 60% 57% (up 14% from 2002)
Lebanon 2% 39% (down 34%)
Pakistan 51% 25% (down 8%)
Indonesia 37% 15% (down 12%)
Turkety 7% 13% (up 1%)
Morocco 25% 13% (down 27%)

Lets say 10,000 Pakistani's are allowed to immigrate to the USA. Based on these poll numbers, 5100 will be supporters of Osama Bin Laden and roughly 2525 will believe violence is an acceptable method to futher Islam. Do you really want these people to live next door to you? At least if someone from Romania moves next door you won't have to worry about then trying to blow you up. Also based on this poll it is no surprise that it was Pakistanis behind the London suicide bombing. It is also in Pakistan where the Wahabist have poored funds in their religious schools which teach intolerance and violence.

Can we agree that if you allow immigrants from a nation where 1 in 4 support violence against civilians that you are going to have a lot of "bad apples" come into your country? How can anyone look at this poll and not conclude that ON THE WHOLE, Muslims make poor citizens.

Also, all these claims that the USA is creating more terrorists with our foreign policy it seems like it is just the opposite based on the poll changes between 2002 and 2005.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Muslim Immigrants: Importing Terrorists?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I live one kilometre from Little Pakistan as it is named. According to your logic I have about 35,000 potential terrorists living close to me.
Their kebabs are worth it though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Seriously, whether you want or not, Felix; the globe becomes smaller. People travel and migrate more. A mosque is coming to your neighbourhood too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-15-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live one kilometre from Little Pakistan as it is named. According to your logic I have about 35,000 potential terrorists living close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not his logic, it is a poll result. Are you saying that the poll is inacurrate?

How do you know that you DON'T live next to 35K potential terrorists?

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, whether you want or not, Felix; the globe becomes smaller. People travel and migrate more. A mosque is coming to your neighbourhood too

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just silly. Do you think that synagogues will suddenly start springing up all over too? Or just mosques?

And when the mosques come, will the kabobs follow too?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 PM

Ok,
I will answer a bit more serious (was mocking his constant moslem-mocking).

There has been a couple of terrorists living here that has been catched (Palestine and Iranian), so I understand the possibility. First of all I believe that their opinions are softened by living here. But even if 35k would answer yes to the questions it is far away from them being terrorists.

Moslems are migrating, so it is just natural that mosques pop up in more places, synagoges a bit different since I have not heard of any big Jewish migration.

P.S. Our CIA claims that students coming from those countries constitute the biggest threat.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:10 AM

He can not respond to the poll numbers because it shows EXACTLY why terrorism is rampant in the muslim world.

Even though most muslims may not be terrorists....Most muslims tolerate terrorism and a frightning number support terrorism. He jokes because he does not take terrorism seriously. This attitude is very common in western Europe. But his views and other western European views are moot. The USA will continue to proceed with the war on terror and Norwegians like him will continue to complain about American USA foreign policy.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:27 AM

I take terrorism seriously. Western Europe has a history of terrorism lasting several decades. Western Europe also have experience trying to make different religions live together. I just don't take this moslem massive threat seriously. I think that Christians, Atheists and Moslems in many western European countries share many values, and that i.e. OBL and Bush is very perifer to those values. Thus to construct a conflict between the two religions in Europe is silly.

As an example, it was revealed that our intelligence agency had warned universities that some foreign students come here to aquire knowledge which can be used for weapons. The Pakistani student union (consisting of Pakistanis born in Oslo) reacts by reaching out to the intelligence agency to form a cooperation to combat this stating that all moderate Pakistanis will report all extremist elements.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He can not respond to the poll numbers because it shows EXACTLY why terrorism is rampant in the muslim world.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does? Elaborate please. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 02:05 AM

Bush missed his gretest opportunity after September 11.

Ban all Muslim immigration and travel to the United States. Deport all Muslim non-citizens. Permanant resident status? Not good enough.

It sounds extreme and discriminatory but what are we willing to sacrifice to spare the feelings of what are likely mostly good people?

Houston? Los Angeles?

A Russian friend of mine said it well. "All Muslims are not terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims".
Old 07-16-2005, 02:13 AM

You need better friends.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need better friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Guess again.

And pull your head out of your ass.