Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Something I have been thinking about

Wish i could have an original thought once but since i still need my diaper changed when it comes to poker i agree that the texture of a table is more important than the image. At least in small stakes i think the scenario you put out of blood in the water gives too much credit to the table. To have whole or even half table catch on to something you are doing would be a small miracle and if you cant make up for it with your own play(not counting a horri ble time with getting bad cards)given time with same people at table you should make back money with good play. However if you dont have the confidence to stay at table probably better to leave just for psyche sake.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wish i could have an original thought once but since i still need my diaper changed when it comes to poker i agree that the texture of a table is more important than the image. At least in small stakes i think the scenario you put out of blood in the water gives too much credit to the table. To have whole or even half table catch on to something you are doing would be a small miracle and if you cant make up for it with your own play(not counting a horri ble time with getting bad cards)given time with same people at table you should make back money with good play. However if you dont have the confidence to stay at table probably better to leave just for psyche sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thoughts.

And at levels from .02/.04 up through 2/4. I agree.

However starting at 3/6 and proceeding up through 10/20; I think your average opponent does become more observant, and stuff like this matters more and more.

But the main point of your post I agree with in general. I just think, that this does matter to a higher degree the higher the level.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 PM

thks for the reply flair havent played enough 3 6 and up to know any better
Old 10-31-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thks for the reply flair havent played enough 3 6 and up to know any better

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that even at 3/6, 5/10, and 10/20; what you said is the best way to look at it the majority of the time.

However I think there will be more and more cases the higher you go, where you EV is effected enough where moving becomes a strong option. The problem is learning to identify those cases (Which may or may not be worth the effort...I don't know [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img])
Old 10-31-2005, 03:35 PM

This is just my rule, but it works for me!

No matter what ring game I'm playing I buy in for 40BB.

If I hit 80BB or fall to 20BB I walk! I NEVER RE-BUY!

I know there are going to be folks in here say that if you are on a great table and hit 80BB why walk away?

I just know it works! Even if you just take a bathroom break and get a drink and come back to the same table 15 minutes later and buy in for 40BB.

In the long run you will make money by following this rule, IMO.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:58 PM

I always buy-in for more than suggested...2-3X. There is so much turnover and the typical person not paying attention that only the few TAGs notice, whom probably pegged me already. In this way, the idiots don't feel free to take shots at me just because I'm losing.

Obviously, there are still times when it goes bad and you cannot hide the over buy-in live. In those cases, I adjust my game to match the image I have in order to take advnatage of it. If I'm winning alot, I steal and semi-bluff much more often. If I'm losing, I show that resigned to my fate face as I bet holding the nuts. Little things help.