Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: WSOP Day 4: \"Official\" News, Results, and Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
I think Raymer himself put his odds at making the final table at around 4 to 1 against in a cardplayer interview last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, my 4 to 1 ceiling on his odds was kinda right on! Earlier I mentioned ceiling and felt it was higher but I would favour Raymer's math over my 1 minute of thought while at work,...that or Raymer is in very confident frame of mind, which is where he should be, good luck!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:55 PM

What level do you think the blinds will reach before it's all over? Any shot at $500k/$1million? $1million/$2million? I wouldn't be surprised as the average stack when it finally gets heads-up will be ~$28million.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:56 PM

What's the starting level of blinds today?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:57 PM

I suggest an entire new thread just for "results" and let this thread remain a discussion thread, so that it would be easier to see whats been going on.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Who\'s sitting together

Thanks for the resort. Very Helpful!

Why the heck can't the site that posted the seating list offer a "sortable" page that includes chip count? I don't program, but can it be that hard to add 1 more column of data (chip count) and allow viewers to sort by name/table/chip count?

sigh...
ThisHo
Old 07-12-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: What He Said About A Greg v Ivey Headup

[ QUOTE ]
How did Lederer go from 50k before dinner break to 450k? Nice

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see Greg, Phil, and Howard at the final table. When is the TV coverage?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: What He Said About A Greg v Ivey Headup

I wish Greg the very best, but there is a benefit of him busting out early too........ he wont be as busy as last year and can get back to more frequent posting of strategy, as opposed to happenings in the poker world.

Either way Id love to see him win again, I like when good things happen to good people [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I wasn't all that clear. I understand the level of difficulty involved assuming an average final table stack of ~6 million, what I mean is from a psychological standpoint everyone in Raymer's position right now would be gearing up for the final table. As the chip leader he is obviously in the best position out of the 184 other players to make it, right? It doesn't seem farfetched to assume that failure to make it even moderately close to the final table would be perceived (at least in his own mind) as a wasted effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're changing your story a little bit. You originally said that you would be "shocked" if Greg didn't make it to the final table. Everone else has pointed out that he has a long, long way to go and, regardless of his big stack skills, can't even be considered a favorite versus the entire field. I don't care if its Greg Raymer or Tiger Woods . . . when given an even money opportunity, ALWAYS take the field.

He is absolutely a favorite against every other single player (Phil Ivey for instance), and I would be "shocked" if any oddsmakers out there don't have Ramer as their favorite to win the whole thing. Similarly to you, however, I have a feeling that Greg's going to be playing on the last day.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 PM

after a quick look on thehendonmob.com, it appears no defending champion has finished in the money in the WSOP man event since Chan finished second in '89
Old 07-12-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Ivey sitting next to Mattusow with CK Hua also at the table, should be very interesting to watch

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention Juanda sitting to his immediate left...